6. A winning team of race horsesHorses have long been one of the Queen’s great passions—though it goes beyond riding them. She’s also a savvy investor when it comes to race horses, and is said to have approximately 30 horses in training. As of late 2017, according to Harper’s Bazaar, her impressive roster of race horses have earned the Queen close to $9 million over the past three decades with their 451 race wins. Her first victory came in 1949, when Monaveen—a horse she co-owned with her mom—won at Fontwell Park.
7. A tiara covered in 1333 diamondsAny Queen worth her castle has got a great tiara, but Elizabeth has a lot of them. Among the many pieces of glittering headgear she inherited is the Diamond Diadem, which might be her most famous piece of jewelry. It’s set with 1333 diamonds, including a four-carat yellow diamond in the center. While the Queen has worn it to every State Opening of Parliament since 1952, the piece was originally made for George IV to wear at his lavish 1821 coronation.
8. A car collection worth more than $10 millionGiven that she served as a truck driver and mechanic during World War II, perhaps it’s unsurprising that the Queen is a bit of a gearhead. While she’s most often seen tooling around in her beloved Land Rover Defender—she’s owned about 30 of them so far—her collection of cars goes way beyond that and is estimated to be worth about $10 million. Among some of the models in her collection: three Rolls-Royces, two Bentleys, and a custom Range Rover LWB Landaulet that features the royal flag and an open-air top (so that she can wave to her adoring public).
9. Regent StreetRegent Street in London’s West End is iconic, and much of it is under the umbrella of the Crown Estate. This means the Queen legally owns Regent Street, but the Crown Estate is managed by an independent organisation established by statute.
10. A bat colonyThe Queen is obviously a devoted animal lover, which might explain why she doesn’t mind sharing Balmoral Castle with the colony of bats that has taken up residence in the property’s main hall. She apparently likes to catch them with a butterfly net as they dart around her summer home.
Search The Poise
Like The Poise On Facebook
- The A-Z Of Crypto Evolution In The Modern Day
- Brazil 4-1 South Korea: Sublime Selecao advance into last eight
- Japan 1-1 Croatia (aet, 1-3 pens): Livakovic heroics secure quarters spot
- Stand A Chance To Win $150 or N100,000 in the ongoing #jikeredancechallenge by @eagle_badge
- France 3-1 Poland: Giroud and Mbappe send Les Bleus into last eight
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News5 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News2 years ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles5 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos5 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Videos2 years ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Entertainment News5 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Business News11 months ago
Air Peace Introduces Priority Boarding For Military Personnel