Three customers of Bet9ja have petitioned the National Lottery Regulatory Commission, claiming the betting company had not paid the over N3m stake owed them.
It was received at the zonal office of the commission on Tuesday in Ilorin.
The petition was signed by the contact persons for the affected customers, Emmanuel Ajiboye.
The petition stated that the trio had entered into a bet with the company under the category of “Transfer Market”, with bets placed on whether a player would go on transfer to another club or not.
The petitioners said a “ Loan Deals Do Not Count’’ transaction was confirmed in an email by Bet9ja on Aug. 28.
They, however, expressed dismay that on Aug. 31, Bet9ja “suddenly’’ turned around and reversed the rule of the transfer market by stating that “ Loan Deals Now Count’’ as contained in a mail the same day.
The petitioners expressed the belief that this was done in order to renege on payment to customers who had played and were going to win.
They described the company’s “contradictory” statements as unprofessional by a leading bookmaker.
The aggrieved petitioners said it was in their knowledge that players on loans still belong to their parent clubs and could still be recalled before the end of their loan deal.
They said that the sudden change was not acceptable as it was against the terms and conditions given to customers.
The petitioners also threatened to explore legal action should Bet9ja refuse to respond favourably to their complaint.
They urged the commission to look into the development and ensure justice was done.
Mr Yinka Salau, an official of the zonal office of the commission in Ilorin, confirmed the receipt of the petition.
He said the petition had been forwarded to the commission’s head office in Abuja for further investigation.
Salau explained that the management of Bet9ja would be invited to state their own side of the case.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Yemi Alade appointed as goodwill ambassador for UNDP
- Nigerian doctor Tunji Funsho named one of TIME’s Most Influential People in the world
- Nissi Releases Visuals To Her Title Track ‘ignite’ Off Her Critically Acclaimed E.p ”ignite”.
- Dominic Purcell Says Sixth Season Of Prison Break Is Happening
- Rapper Tay Way Killed After Sharing His Location On Social Media
- Cult Leader Who Claims To Be Jesus Arrested By Russian Security Forces
- COVID-19 threatens Eagles’ friendlies as case rises in Austria
- Man Utd reach League Cup last 16 as coronavirus causes chaos
- Stefflon Don Releases New Music Video “Move”
- Watch Kendickson In the Visuals For “Wayo”
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World