The Ondo State Government has confirmed the outbreak of Lassa Fever in the state, saying laboratory tests have confirmed a total of 36 cases, including 9 deaths.
Governor Oluwarotimi Akeredolu, who brought the revelation to light in Akure during a live broadcast on Saturday night, said a total of 102 suspected cases of Lassa Fever had been reported in eight local government areas of the state.
He said: “Thirty six of 79 cases have been confirmed with laboratory results, including nine deaths.
“Patients are being managed at the Federal Medical Centre, Owo, while confirmatory tests are done at Irrua Specialist Teaching Hospital, Irrua, Edo State.
“At present, 127 hospital contacts and 308 community contacts were line-listed in all the affected local government areas while 30 had completed their follow-up.”
The governor disclosed that the government had reactivated Emergency Preparedness and Response Team at state and local government level to contain the spread of the disease.
He said this was in addition to active surveillance and contact tracing in the affected local government areas.
“Sensitization and community mobilization are also going on in all local government areas for traditional rulers, religious leaders, political leaders, market women and other stakeholders.
“Publicity is also ongoing through radio jingles, radio and television discussions in our media houses while educative materials such as handbills, flyers and posters have been produced and being distributed,” he said.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- West Ham 1 Arsenal 3: Ljungberg off the mark as Pepe inspires Gunners comeback
- Russia banned from Olympics, 2022 World Cup
- PSG confirm Gueye and Kimpembe injuries
- Steve Maduka: Behind the SCENES of Royalhairs
- Burna Boy’s Sister Nissi Hits With Double Dose Singles, “trouble” And “tornado” Off Forthcoming Ep
- Wande Coal would be better than ever, 2020.
- New Music: Biizuace – Mamacita
- FRSC reveals traffic light violators to pay N50,000 from 2020
- Presidency justifies DSS rearrest of ‘person of interest’ Sowore
- Why Actors, Actresses Will Continue To Leave Nigeria —Kenny Odugbemi
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News1 year ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport11 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community1 year ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!