Amazon’s Jeff Bezos’ Net Worth Rises To $100 Billion After Black Friday
Amazon has had one heck of a year thanks to new products and the purchase of Whole Foods. With this year’s Black Friday pushing the company’s stock to an all-time high, CEO Jeff Bezos has become the world’s first 100-billion-dollar-man since Bill Gates briefly held the title in 1999.
Amazon shares rose 2.6 percent, to $1,186, bringing the company’s market cap to more than $570 billion.
Bezos, who owns 78.9 million shares of Amazon, according to a securities filing this month, has seen his net worth climb by $32.6 billion in 2017.
Late last month Bezos passed Gates — whose generous charitable donations have affected his net worth in recent years — to become the richest man in the world.
In addition to being CEO of Amazon, Bezos owns Blue Origin, a private aerospace company, as well as The Washington Post, which he purchased for $250 million in 2013.
The e-commerce juggernaut flexed its muscles on a day that still sees shoppers flocking to malls and stores around the country to take advantage of deep discounts on hotly sought-after products.
Amazon slashed prices on devices such as Kindles and the Fire TV Stick, as well as on its line of Echo smart assistants — all of which can be used to make even more purchases from the Seattle-based Web giant.
Wall Street is betting that shoppers won’t be shy about conducting a significant portion of their holiday shopping on Amazon this year, but it wasn’t the only company that won on Friday.
Online sales on Thanksgiving reached $2.87 billion, according to Adobe Analytics, up 18.3 percent from the same point last year.
Shares of Macy’s and Kohls, as well as other retailers, jumped Friday following signs that consumers will be spending more money at their stores this holiday season.
Adobe Analytics predicts that the Black Friday shopping spree is only the beginning, and that online retailers led by Amazon will haul in another $6.6 billion on Cyber Monday.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Davido Is Back
- Ruth Carter Makes History As First Black Woman to Win 2 Oscars
- Davido Spends Millions On Lamborghini With ‘E Choke’ Number Plate
- Finally, Winner Of The Abia State Governorship Election Has Been Announced By INEC
- BBN Star Doyin Reacts To Whitemoney For Saying “No Woman Is Out of a Man’s League if He Has Money”
- The Gorgeous Yusufs Took Paris Fashion Week By A Storm With Their Amazing & Mind-Blowing Looks
- The Amazing Music Duo Ajebo Hustlers Drops Their First Single Of The Year 2023
- Victony Releases Remix Of Record Hit and Tik Tok Sensation “Soweto” Featuring Rema, Don Toliver & Tempoe
- Osimhen Arrives At Super Eagles Camp Ahead Of Guinea Bissau Match
- De Bruyne Becomes New Belgium Captain
Entertainment News5 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News2 years ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles6 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Business News1 year ago
Air Peace Introduces Priority Boarding For Military Personnel
Photos5 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Videos3 years ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Entertainment News5 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities5 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant