Court of Appeal in Abuja has on Thursday dismissed alleged University of Ibadan degree certificate forgery suit filed by All Progressives Congress (APC) against Governor Godwin Obaseki of Edo State.
The court dismissed the suit for lacking in merit and awarded N250,000 cost in favour of Mr Obaseki.
MDB on January 9 reported that the judge, Ahmed Mohammed, of the Federal High Court, Abuja, dismissed the alleged certificate forgery suit against Mr Obaseki.
The judge described the APC’s allegation as strange saying it was like an outsider telling a man in his house that he is not the father of a child.
Apparently not satisfied with the decision of the lower court, APC approached the appellate court to challenge the judgment.
Delivering judgment in the appeal, Stephen Adah held that the lower court was right in its findings and conclusions.
Mr Adah, the judge, upheld the testimony of the Deputy Registrar, Legal, University of Ibadan, Abayomi Ajayi, who confirmed that Obaseki attended the university in 1976 and fulfilled the requirement for admission to study Classical Studies.
The judge maintained that the evidence of Mr Ajayi was direct in showing that Mr Obaseki did not forge the certificate he submitted to Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to secure his clearance for participation in the governorship election.
The appellate court held that APC failed to prove the certificate forgery allegation and that the appeal was unmeritorious.
The court subsequently dismissed the appeal with N250,000 cost in favour of Obaseki and N50,000 each in favour of Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and INEC.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes