Former vice-president Atiku Abubakar has rid himself of business interests in Integrated Logistics Services Nigeria Limited (INTELS) — a company he co-founded more than three decades ago.
Paul Ibe, spokesman to Mr. Abubakar said in a statement on Monday that the erstwhile presidential candidate of the opposition PDP had sold the last of his remaining shares in the logistics firm, having serialised the sale in the last five years.
“Yes, he (Atiku) has sold his shares in Intels and redirected his investment to other sectors of the economy for returns and creation of jobs,” Mr. Ibe said.
Although Mr. Abubakar’s media aide did not specify the percentage of his equity stake at INTELS, Thisday pegged his shares’ worth at over $100 million.
The newspaper reported an INTELS spokesman to have explained that the ex-vice president, who sold his shares to Orleal Investment Group received $113.1 million in three tranches.
Mr. Abubakar hinged his decision to trade off his INTELS shares on the torrid business climate under the Buhari administration.
He blamed the federal government for its constant onslaught on the company, in what he perceived as an apparent move to frustrate his business interests.
“It (the shares sale) assumed greater urgency in the last last five years, because this Government has been preoccupied with destroying a legitimate business that was employing thousands of Nigerians because of politics,” the statement by Mr. Abubakar’s aide stated.
“There should be a marked difference between Politics and Business,” it added.
The Buhari government had previously terminated contracts and agreements with INTELS, in what has been widely described as petty political machinations against the former vice president, who ran against President Muhammadu Buhari — his estranged ally in 2019 presidential election.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes