Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has said beginning from June 1, bankers will be required to declare their assets in accordance with bank employees declaration of assets act.
Chairman of the antigraft agency, Abdulrasheed Bawa, disclosed this while speaking to state house correspondents in Abuja on Tuesday, March 16 after a meeting with President Muhammadu Buhari.
He explained that the commission took the decision as a result of concerns raised on the roles played by bankers in the fight against corruption because criminals would always want to have access to the proceeds of their crime.
Bawa noted that bankers would be asked to declare their assets and the commission would ensure that all employees in the nation’s banking industry comply with the directive.
The Chairman added;
The assurance that I am going to give Nigerians going forward is that we will do our best to ensure that this country is free of economic and financial crimes.
We understood that the tail end of every financial crime is for the criminals to have access to the funds that he or she has illegitimately gotten and we are worried about the roles of financial institutions.
We have discussed, God willing, we hope that all financial institutions, particularly the bankers, will declare their assets as provided for by the law, in accordance with the Bank, Employees Declaration of Asset Act.
The EFCC come the 1st of June 2021 will be demanding for the declaration of asset forms filled by the bankers.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes