Paulinho – Former Tottenham midfielder Paulinho has joined Barcelona for a fee of €40million (£36.5m).
The Brazilian, who has been with Chinese Super League club Guangzhou Evergrande since 2015, has been a target for the Nou Camp club for much of the summer and has now completed his move.
Barca opened with an offer of £17million in July but have since significantly increased their offer for the 29-year-old to complete the deal.
It marks a return to European football for a player who spent two seasons at White Hart Lane, without hitting the heights expected of him following a £17 million switch from Corinthians.
He played 67 times for Spurs during those two seasons, scoring 11 times, but was eventually sold for a fee of around £10million as he headed to China in the summer of 2015.
Speaking at the start of July, at a time when he thought his move was close, the Brazilian revealed his excitement regarding the switch.
He told Mundo Deportivo: ‘It is a unique opportunity for me to be able to play for Barcelona, the best team in the world and surrounded by the best players.
‘I have to talk to my president, since I got the proposal I have not stopped thinking about it and I am waiting for everything to be resolved this week.’
Paulinho’s arrival comes at a time when Barcelona are rebuilding following Neymar’s departure to Paris Saint-Germain, with Liverpool’s Philippe Coutinho their primary target to replace the Brazilian forward.
Coutinho put in a formal transfer request on Friday, just minutes after Liverpool insisted he was not for sale after rejecting an offer of £90m.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Barcelona 1-1 Granada: Araujo rescues blundering Blaugrana
- BBNaija: Whitemoney, Pere and four others up for eviction as Emmanuel emerges ultimate veto power holder
- Dollar hits N575 two days after Aboki FX update suspension
- Sanwo-Olu signs anti-open grazing bill into law
- If You Don’t Want A Northerner As President In 2023 You Can Leave Nigeria – Hakeem Baba-Ahmed
- BackRoad Gee Teams Up With Olamide On “See Level”
- Sokoto bans fuel sale above N5,000 to motorists
- “My goal is to develop models that meets global standards and transform the lives of young African girls” —Star Models CEO, Aisha Bello
- Watch Oxlade In Mani Directed Visualizer For “Pay Me”
- Brazilian footballer Hulk Announces his Niece is pregnant with His child
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News10 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
News3 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects