Bayern Munich has defeated Lazio 4-1 in the first leg of the last-16 knockout stage of the UEFA Champions League on Tuesday night in Stadio Olimpo, Italy.
Munich’s striker, Robert Lewandowski opened the scoring in the 9th minute; a Lazio defender gave the ball away in his box and the Polish striker was quick to react to the gift, slotting his left footed shot into the bottom left corner of goalkeeper, Pepe Reina’s net. It was the striker’s fifth goal in the competition this campaign and his 31st goal in all competitions.
The German team’s lead was doubled in the 24th minute by Jamal Musiala. The midfielder’s right footed shot from outside the box went straight into the bottom corner of the net and was assisted by Leon Goretza. Musiala became the youngest Bayern Munich scorer in the Champions League (17 years, 363 days).
Bayern were relentless as they scored again in the 42nd minute when former Manchester City winger Leroy Sane scored from a quick counter as Lazio were desperate to get into the game. He beat Reina with his right footed shot from the middle of the box.
Meanwhile. Bayern scored the fourth goal two minutes into the second half, an own goal by Francesco Acerbi which gave them a four-goal advantage.
Lazio drew one back in the 49th minute, Joaquin Correa right footed effort crept into the bottom left corner of Manuel Neur.
The return leg will be played in two weeks-time at Bayern’s home Allianz Arena and the current champions will go into the fixture with a 3-goal-away-goal advantage.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Zinny in “Freaky At Night” Visuals
- COVID-19 Vaccine: Nigeria Records 8,439 Side Effects, Says NPHCDA
- COVID-19: Nigeria Records 67 New Cases, No Death In Four Days
- Omawumi is giving her fans some “Bullshit”
- PSG wait for ‘happier’ Neymar to sign contract extension
- Ahmed Musa promise to lead Kano Pillars to win NPFL title
- Waje Releases “Heart Season” EP
- Villarreal 2-1 Dinamo Zagreb (3-1 agg): Emery to face Arsenal as Moreno helps secure semi-final spot
- Slavia Prague 0-4 Arsenal (1-5 agg): Gunners set up Emery reunion after first-half blitz
- Manchester United 2-0 Granada (4-0 agg): Cavani landmark strike as semi-final awaits
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes