Bayern Munich have announced the signing of highly rated Canadian teenager Alphonso Davies from Vancouver Whitecaps on a deal valid until 30 June 2023.
The 17-year-old winger, already a six-time Canada international, will officially join the club in January after having turned 18 on 2 November 2018.
“I’m very happy about my transfer to Bayern,” Davies said in an official statement on the Bayern website. “As a kid, you dream about this moment and I’m happy it came through. Now it’s time to continue working, I have to give everything to make the most of this opportunity.”
Davies made his MLS debut at the age of 15, becoming the second youngest player in the history of the division behind former USMNT international Freddy Adu, and the first born in the 2000s to play in the league.
The Ghana-born prodigy, who turns 18 in November, registered three goals and eight assists in 54 MLS appearances for the Whitecaps. He is also the Canada national team’s youngest debutant and goalscorer.
“Alphonso Davies is a huge talent, said Bayern sporting director Hasan Salihamidzic. “At just 17, he has a bright future ahead of him. Alphonso has many excellent qualities and it comes as no surprise that many other top clubs were after him. I’m delighted he’s decided to join Bayern.”
Davies could become the ninth Canadian to play in the Bundesliga after Rob Friend (Borussia Mönchengladbach), Julian de Guzman (Hannover), Daniel Imho (Bochum), Simeon Jackson (Eintracht Braunschweig), Marcel de Jong (Augsburg), Kevin McKenna (Energie Cottbus and Cologne), Olivier Occean (Eintracht Frankfurt) and Paul Stalteri (Werder Bremen and Gladbach), while Owen Hargreaves (Bayern) and Jonathan De Guzman (Frankfurt), were both born in Canada but opted to represent England and the Netherlands respectively at international level.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: Jota wraps up win on league debut as champions maintain perfect start
- Fireboy DML’s song ‘Scatter’ featured as FIFA 2021 soundtrack
- Minjin teams up with two Mavin’s heavyweights; Korede Bello and DJ Big N to deliver ‘Sugarboy Remix’.
- Ruben Dias to Man City: Pep Guardiola’s defender spending continues
- Sancho’s Man Utd transfer expected to be completed
- Super Eagles forward Simy Nwankwo Struggles as AC Milan beat Crotone away
- Nigeria’s new defender Kevin Akpoguma Starred as Hoffenheim beat Bayern Munich 4 – 1
- Donald Trump paid only $750 in federal income tax in 2016 – NYT
- Stephanie Linus Appointed as National OPS-WASH Ambassador by the Honourable Minister of Water Resources
- Connect With Your Favorite Celebrities On PENG
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World