Bayern Munich transfer target Timo Werner has signed a contract extension keeping him at RB Leipzig until 2023, the Bundesliga club confirmed on Sunday.
The announcement, which was made just before Leipzig’s first home game of the season against Eintracht Frankfurt, ends speculation that Bayern would sign Werner on a free transfer in 2020.
“I am happy to have extended my contract. It was a long process, but I wanted to be completely sure that I could make the next steps in my development at this club,” said Werner.
The 23-year-old striker had previously held firm against all new contract offers and openly hinted at his interest in a move to Munich last season.
Yet Bayern’s interest appeared to cool over the course of the summer, as the German champions instead signed Ivan Perisic and Philippe Coutinho on loan to bolster their attack.
According to magazine Kicker, a new buyout clause in Werner’s contract means Bayern would now have to pay around 30 million euros ($33.7 million) to bring the striker to Munich.
Leipzig sporting director Markus Kroesche said the new contract was a “positive signal” for the club, as they look to challenge for the Bundesliga title under new coach Julian Nagelsmann.
“It underlines our aim to keep key players with us in the long term and to establish ourselves at the top of the league,” he said.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- All About Blacksatino
- Buhari Vows To Bombard Boko Haram To Submission
- Is Quaden Bayles, The 9-Year-Old Bullied Schoolboy With Dwarfism An 18-Year-Old?
- 2Babas New Album, Warrior, For Release February 28
- Rema Unlocks Visuals To “Beamer”
- Elizabeth Anyanacho Qualifies Nigeria for Tokyo 2020 Olympics in Taekwando
- Paris Saint-Germain 4-3 Bordeaux: Neymar sees red as Cavani hits milestone goal
- Atletico Madrid 3-1 Villarreal: Joao Felix scores on return from injury
- Arsenal 3-2 Everton: Aubameyang’s Sunday best sinks Toffees
- Cavani scores 200th goal for PSG
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News1 year ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Sport1 year ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Community1 year ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!