Bayern Munich transfer target Timo Werner has signed a contract extension keeping him at RB Leipzig until 2023, the Bundesliga club confirmed on Sunday.
The announcement, which was made just before Leipzig’s first home game of the season against Eintracht Frankfurt, ends speculation that Bayern would sign Werner on a free transfer in 2020.
“I am happy to have extended my contract. It was a long process, but I wanted to be completely sure that I could make the next steps in my development at this club,” said Werner.
The 23-year-old striker had previously held firm against all new contract offers and openly hinted at his interest in a move to Munich last season.
Yet Bayern’s interest appeared to cool over the course of the summer, as the German champions instead signed Ivan Perisic and Philippe Coutinho on loan to bolster their attack.
According to magazine Kicker, a new buyout clause in Werner’s contract means Bayern would now have to pay around 30 million euros ($33.7 million) to bring the striker to Munich.
Leipzig sporting director Markus Kroesche said the new contract was a “positive signal” for the club, as they look to challenge for the Bundesliga title under new coach Julian Nagelsmann.
“It underlines our aim to keep key players with us in the long term and to establish ourselves at the top of the league,” he said.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- New Video: King Bobby – What Do I Know
- New Music: Chris Khalifa – Keep Your Money
- New Music: Yommy – Buzz (EP)
- Federal Government Charges Omoyele Sowore with Treasonable Felony & Money Laundering
- Bella Alubo Confirms Ycee’s Story About Tinny Entertainment
- Burna Boys Boo, Steflon Don Flashes ‘Engagement Ring’
- Maddison Strike Helps Leicester Come From Behind To Beat Tottenham
- Egyptians Protest Against President Fattah Al-Sisi
- Magnificent Man City crush Watford 8 – 0
- Flood Submerges Over 150 Communities in Kogi State
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News10 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport9 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community11 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!