Bitcoin – which has more than tripled in value since the end of last year – has been powered on by well-known companies adopting it as a method of payment.
But some analysts said this latest surge came in part due to the huge US stimulus package approved this week.
Bitcoin’s total market value last month exceeded $1tn.
However, Bitcoin has a track record of wild price swings and has fallen sharply a number of times since it was created in 2009.
The recent spikes have been fuelled by big companies.
In February, Elon Musk revealed that his electric carmaker Tesla had bought $1.5bn worth of Bitcoin and would be accepting it as payment for its cars in future.
Mastercard also plans to accept certain cryptocurrencies as a form of payment while BlackRock, the world’s largest asset manager, is exploring ways it can use the digital currency.
The Covid-19 pandemic has also played its part in Bitcoin’s price rise, as more people go online for shopping, moving further away from physical coins and notes.
Critics argue Bitcoin is less of a currency and more of a speculative trading tool that is open to market manipulation.
There is also concern over its environmental impact, with huge amounts of energy needed to conduct transactions.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes