President Muhammadu Buhari has enjoined Nigerian youth to be prepared for huge responsibilities; as they will eventually take over the leadership of the country in future.
Buhari made this appeal during a meeting with All Progressives Congress (APC) youth leaders; from the six geo-political zones of the country at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, on Friday, January 10.
He advised the younger generation to keep a broader view of the country as one entity; and continuously de-emphasise ethnic and religious backgrounds in nation-building.
“Whether we like it or not, we will someday handover to youths. And you have to brace up for leadership. Some interest groups will come up with ethnic, religious issues; but you have to look at the broader picture.
“We had a civil war that consumed over two million Nigerians, and we learnt our lessons. Nigeria is one country, and no one should take our firmness for granted,’’ he said.
Buhari further revealed he delved into politics; after a clean bill on his integrity by those who detained him after the 1985 military coup and who found nothing incriminating.
This is despite his past as governor of the North East, Minister of Petroleum and Head of State.
“After I was released and nothing was found on me I took an interest in politics. This is what pushed me into partisan politics; to serve with integrity. So I decided to try leadership as a civilian, after taking off the military uniform,’’ he added.
On his second tenure, the president assured that he would be more firm, focused and relentless in delivering results; especially in securing the country, stimulating the economy to work for all, and fighting corruption.
“I am currently serving my last term in office. I swore by the Constitution to defend the country, and I will do the needful for the country,’’ Buhari said.
In his remarks, APC National Youth Leader, Sadiq Abubakar, congratulated the president for winning the presidential election in 2019; assuring him that the youth will continue to support his policies and vision for greatness of the country.
Abubakar urged Buhari to get more youths involved in governance so as to enable them to learn from his “treasured wisdom.’’
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- The Address President Buhari Could Have Given: A Piece by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Davido’s fiancee Chioma tattoos their son’s name on her wrist
- Wizkid “hides” from the camera at his baby mama’s birthday party
- “I didn’t go nowhere, I’m still Jagaban” – Tinubu says as he visits Gov. Sanwo-Olu
- “Our lifestyle is provoking the youths” – Rochas Okorocha tells fellow senators
- I wanted to share looted palliatives on my birthday – Lawmaker SOB Agunbiade
- Calvert-Lewin deserved England chance before Abraham – Rooney
- Atletico Madrid 2-0 Real Betis: Llorente and Suarez strike to seal new club record
- Paris Saint-Germain 4-0 Dijon: Kean off the mark with first-half double
- Liverpool 2-1 Sheffield United: Jota helps champions return to winning ways
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World