President Muhammadu Buhari has identified some of the key ongoing projects in the country that must be completed before his tenure expires in 2023.
The President listed the Second Niger Bridge, Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, Abuja – Kaduna – Zaria – Kano Expressway, and the East-West Road as some of the major projects that his administration is looking at delivering before vacating office.
The President added that apart from the highlighted ones, other key projects under the Presidential Infrastructure Development Fund (PIDF) are also expected to be delivered.
Buhari was said to have bared his mind on this on Monday while speaking at the opening of a two-day Mid-Term Ministerial Performance Review Retreat which is focused on assessing the progress made by his administration in line with the nine key priorities of his government.
During the event, the government gave itself a pass mark in the areas of infrastructure, transportation, economy, electricity supply, the petroleum industry, among others.
‘‘On transportation, we are growing the stock and quality of our road, rail, air, and water transport infrastructure.
‘‘The PIDF projects are also advancing remarkably. These include the 11.9km Second Niger Bridge, 120 km Lagos-Ibadan Expressway, 375 km Abuja – Kaduna – Zaria – Kano Expressway and the East-West Road. Most of these projects are expected to be completed within this 2nd term of our Administration,’’ Buhari was quoted to have said by his Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina.
Meanwhile, a former Governor of Anambra State, Peter Obi, has reacted to the call for him to contest for Presidency in the 2023 general elections.
Naija News reports that Obi was the former vice presidential candidate of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the 2019 polls.
Speaking in an interview on Arise TV’s ‘The Morning Show’ on Monday, the former governor stated that he is waiting for the party to decide where to zone its presidential candidate to.
Obi stated that he does not want to declare his presidential bid before the PDP will take a stand on zoning the 2023 presidency, affirming his loyalty to the party.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Tems In “Crazy Tings” Visuals
- Jayson debuts New single “Banger”
- Barcelona 1-0 Dynamo Kiev: Pique gets Koeman’s side off the mark in Champions League
- Spartak Moscow 3-4 Leicester City: Deadly Daka hits four as Foxes win classic
- ‘What is the hope for Nigeria?’ – Media Consultant, Chukwuyem Eledan speaks on Police Brutality in Nigeria
- Amnesty International Reveals Buhari regime is protecting officers who tortured, murdered #EndSARS protesters
- Club Brugge 1-5 Manchester City: Palmer nets as slick visitors win big
- #EndSARS: Lagos Judicial Panel Concludes Sitting, Awards N148.2m To 23 Victims Of Police Brutality
- Paris Saint-Germain 3-2 RB Leipzig: Messi scores twice to complete comeback
- Atletico Madrid 2-3 Liverpool: History-making Salah seals dramatic win after Griezmann red
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News4 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News11 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos4 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Videos1 year ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Celebrities4 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes