These three questions can show you level of Intelligence (the only problem is its way more harder than it looks)
Getting into Mensa involves taking a test with dozens of questions, but apparently there’s an easier way to check if you have superior IQ.
The Cognitive Reflection Test, is the world’s shortest IQ assessment and contains just three questions, which appear relatively simple at first glance.
Published in 2005 in the Journal of Economic Perspectives, the test has resurfaced online following US secretary of State, Rex Tillerson’s challenge to Donald Trump to ‘compare IQ tests’ after reports he called the president ‘a moron’.
The rapid test would be an ideal option for two such busy men to settle their dispute as it contains just three questions.
However, the test is in fact a lot more tricky than it looks and the proof of a high intellect is realizing this and working out the answers accordingly.
Scroll down to take the test and find out if you have above average intelligence.
THE COGNITIVE REFLECTION TEST
1. A bat and a ball cost £1.10 in total. The bat costs £1.00 more than the ball. How much does the ball cost?
2. If it takes five machines five minutes to make five widgets, how long would it take 100 machines to make 100 widgets?
3. In a lake, there is a patch of lily pads. Every day, the patch doubles in size. If it takes 48 days for the patch to cover the entire lake, how long would it take for the patch to cover half of the lake?
MOST PEOPLE ANSWER
1. 10 pence
2. 100 minutes
3. 24 days
THE CORRECT ANSWERS
If the ball costs X, and the bat costs £1 more, then the cost is X+£1
Therefore Bat+ball=X + (X+1) =1.10
This means 2X+1=1.1, and 2X=0.1 and X= 0.05
Correct answer: Five pence
If five machines can make five widgets in five minutes, one machine will make one widget in five minutes.
So if 100 widgets are all making widgets, they can make 100 in fives minutes.
Correct answer: 5 minutes
If the lily patch is covering the pond fully on day 48, and it’s doubled in size that means you only have to go back one day to when it was covering half the pond. So on day 47, the lake is half full.
Correct answer: 47 days
Be sure to leave your scores in the comment section!
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Sanwo-Olu speaks to CNN on Lekki Toll Shooting, #EndSARS Protest & Lagos Judicial Panel
- Banky W, 2Baba, Timi Dakolo, Waje, Seun Kuti call for a better Nigeria With new single ‘Talk And Do’
- Coman wants another Bayern treble – but this time with fans
- CACOVID finally reacts to looted palliatives
- “We are not a collection of angels” – Nigerian police
- Milan 3-3 Roma: Ibrahimovic on target twice but Rossoneri held in thriller
- Burnley 0-1 Tottenham: Son spares underwhelming Spurs
- NBC fines Channels TV, Arise, AIT over #EndSARS coverage
- Agbani Horsfall Advocates For ‘One Nigeria’ In New Single
- Guardiola regrets not buying striker with Aguero facing up to a month out
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World