The Bankers’ Committee of the Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN, has said those who “spray” naira notes at parties risk going to jail for six months or earning a fine of N50,000 after trial by mobile courts that would be deployed nationwide.
This was disclosed to journalists yesterday by the Acting Director, Corporate Communication of the apex bank, Isaac Okoroafor, in Abuja. He said mobile courts were now to summarily try those bastardising the national currency, the naira.
He added that the police and the Ministry of Justice would be involved in the operation, adding: “If a celebrant is dancing and you spray him/her, you may go to jail from the party venue because the law enforcement agents will be there, waiting to arrest you.
“It is the duty of law enforcement agencies to catch offenders and take them to court. Our collaboration with the police will intensify as we move to implement the mobile court for offenders.”
Admonishing Nigerians on how to use cash as gift, Okorafor said: “If you want to give, put the money in an envelop, and give it the celebrant. Let’s know that anybody hawking and writing on the naira will face six months in jail or N50,000 or both.”
Also speaking, the Managing Director of First Securities Discount House (FSDH) Merchant Bank, Mrs. Handa Ambah said people selling naira notes would be punished.
She said: “We need to let them know that this is money. The fact that you cannot spray money at parties does not mean that you cannot put money in an envelope and pass it to the celebrants.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Enrique steps down as Spain coach, replaced by assistant Moreno
- Nigerian Students Fashion and Design Week Announce Adeagba Bukunmi & Nonye Udeogu as brand ambassadors for #NSFDW2019
- Cee-C Stars In The Visuals Of Peruzzi’s “Majesty”
- Poco Lee, Raybekah And More Confirmed For Nigerian Freestyle Football Championship Lagos Regional Auditions At Rowe Park
- Mo Abudu To Chair The 47th International Emmy Awards Gala
- INEC Announces Automatic Employment For Corps Members
- Super Falcons lose 1-0 to France in 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup group game
- Report of student visa ban for Nigerians is false — US Embassy
- Tiwa Savage Subs Companies that owe her on Instagram
- New Music: C-Max – Paradise
Top Posts & Pages
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Photos1 year ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News7 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities1 year ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport6 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community8 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!