Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman is on the cover of Esquire‘s summer issue.
The actor speaks to the magazine on the success of the Marvel movie, how he never wanted to be an actor, creating the Wakanda culture and more,
Read excerpts below:
On never wanting to be an actor: I was more so of the mind of the director and the writer. I didn’t want to be on stage and I didn’t want to be on camera. Not at all. My older brother, he’s a dancer; he was also in plays. I would sit in the audience with my mom watching the director, and I was more interested in what he was doing than the performance onstage; it didn’t register that it was something I wanted to do. I became an actor because I was just trying to learn the whole process.
On Black Panther’s international success: Studios will very often tell you that movies with a black lead are not going to work overseas. That was the thing for me—this means something everywhere in the world. It could actually change how studios respond to [black] movies. You can no longer say definitively, ‘Black movies don’t work’.
On creating Wakanda’s culture: There’s a shorthand on certain cultural moments that you don’t have to talk about [with a black director]. But in this case, we did have to talk about some things culturally because we were literally creating a culture. There were discussions in a way that there wouldn’t have been if this was totally an African-American cast. In a lot of cases, we were finding similarities cross-culturally. It was a sense of each of us still trying to create this culture together. Because we were trying to create Wakanda, it was a unique experience.
For more from Chadwick, visit Esquire.com.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Neymar has 34 million euro Spanish tax debt -Authorities
- Lukaku, Hakimi spark as five-goal Inter see off Benevento
- Wande Coal Releases Short Film For Wale Assisted Remix Of “Again”
- New Video: Skales feat. Tekno – Badman Love (Remix)
- NBA Finals: Two superstars versus a team – can LeBron and AD master Miami?
- Real Madrid 1-0 Real Valladolid: Vinicius spares Man Utd target Jovic’s blushes
- Nigeria Develops A Test Kit For COVID-19
- Tony Elumelu Makes Time 100 List Of Most Influential People In The World
- Burnley 0-3 Manchester City: Torres on target as Sterling bags brace
- Bayern Munich 3-2 Borussia Dortmund: Kimmich delivers Supercup for Flick’s men
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World