Chester Bennington, the lead vocalist of rock band Linkin Park, has committed suicide.
Law enforcement sources told TMZ that Bennington hanged himself at a Palos Verdes Estates residence in Los Angeles County. Bennington’s body was found Thursday morning. Shortly after the initial report, the Los Angeles County coroner’s office confirmed Bennington’s death in a statement to the Associated Press. He was 41.
As the lead vocalist of Linkin Park, Bennington released seven massively successful studio albums. The band’s 2000 debut, Hybrid Theory, was certified Diamond by the Recording Industry Association of America in 2005, denoting more than 10 million copies sold. Prior to news of Bennington’s death Thursday, the band released the new video for “Talking to Myself,” a track off their most recent album One More Light.
In 2004, Bennington and Linkin Park released the collaborative Collision Course EP with Jay Z. Each of the EP’s six tracks serves as a mashup of two songs, one from each artist. The “Numb/Encore” pairing ultimately won the Grammy for Best Rap/Sung Collaboration.
During a recent performance on Jimmy Kimmel Live, Bennington dedicated the album’s title track to his friend Chris Cornell. Cornell committed suicide in May.
Linkin Park was scheduled to perform a pair of special shows with their friends in Blink 182 later this month. The shows, billed as Blinkin Park, were set to take place July 28 at Citi Field in New York City and July 30 at Hershey Park Stadium in Hershey, Pennsylvania.
Bennington’s Linkin Park bandmate Mike Shinoda said in a tweet shortly after the news broke that he was “shocked and heartbroken.” Shinoda added that a formal statement from the band would be released shortly.
Bennington was married and had six children. RIP.
Curled From Complex
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Pique, De Jong, Lenglet and Ter Stegen sign contract extensions
- Man Utd top Champions League own goals charts after Martial mistake
- Military shoots #ENDSARS Protesters at Lekki-Ikoyi Tollgate, Lagos as CCTV gets disabled.
- Barcelona 5-1 Ferencvaros: Messi on target as Pique sees red
- Ozil’s Arsenal career all but over after being left out of Premier League squad
- Bayern star Gnabry tests positive for COVID-19
- Chelsea 0-0 Sevilla: Blues kick off Champions League campaign with goalless draw
- Paris Saint-Germain 1-2 Manchester United: Rashford rescues Red Devils again
- Dynamo Kiev 0-2 Juventus: Morata gets Pirlo off to winning start in Champions League
- Adamu Garba Files $1Billion Lawsuit Against Twitter CEO, Jack Dorsey For Supporting #EndSars
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World