The Cleveland Browns announced on Wednesday they have released veteran cornerback Joe Haden.
Sources confirmed to ESPN on Tuesday that the Browns were open to trade offers for Haden, who was due to be paid $11.1 million this season.
Haden, who was Cleveland’s first-round pick in 2010, has fought through injuries the past two seasons. He missed 11 games in 2015 with a finger injury and concussion. In 2016, he missed three games and played through two groin issues that required postseason surgery.
Haden, 28, is not subject to waivers and is free to sign with another team after 4 p.m. ET on Wednesday. Two teams expected to have strong interest in Haden are the New Orleans Saints and Kansas City Chiefs, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
“Tons of interest in him,” Haden’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus, told Schefter. “He will have a new deal with another team by tomorrow afternoon.”
Haden, who last went to the Pro Bowl in 2014, was also set to make $11.2 million and $10.4 million in 2018 and ’19.
Releasing Haden will cost the Browns $3.2 million in cap space this season and $3.2 million next season. He signed a five-year contract extension in May 2014.
“We want to thank Joe for all he has done for this organization both on and off the field,” Browns executive vice president of football operations Sashi Brown said in a statement. “He has been a great teammate and a true asset to the Cleveland community. These are very difficult decisions, we have the utmost respect for Joe and in my eyes, he will always be a Cleveland Brown.”
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Barca hurt by Coutinho injury in Clasico defeat
- The Address President Buhari Could Have Given: A Piece by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Davido’s fiancee Chioma tattoos their son’s name on her wrist
- Wizkid “hides” from the camera at his baby mama’s birthday party
- “I didn’t go nowhere, I’m still Jagaban” – Tinubu says as he visits Gov. Sanwo-Olu
- “Our lifestyle is provoking the youths” – Rochas Okorocha tells fellow senators
- I wanted to share looted palliatives on my birthday – Lawmaker SOB Agunbiade
- Calvert-Lewin deserved England chance before Abraham – Rooney
- Atletico Madrid 2-0 Real Betis: Llorente and Suarez strike to seal new club record
- Paris Saint-Germain 4-0 Dijon: Kean off the mark with first-half double
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World