Imo State High Court sitting in Owerri has nullified the impeachment of former Deputy Governor of Imo State, Jude Agbaso – eight years after his removal.
Agbaso, who was deputy to Rochas Okorocha, former Imo governor, was impeached by the state house of assembly on March 28, 2013, over allegations that he collected N458m and Red Label scotch whiskey as bribes from J-Pro, a construction firm.
Aggrieved, the ex-deputy governor had contested his impeachment in court.
Ruling on the matter on Monday, I.S Opara, trial judge, gave the consent judgment after parties in the suit opted to settle out of court.
Chijioke Emeka, counsel to Agbaso, had informed the court that parties in the suit including his client, the state governor, the state house of assembly and the chief judge of the state on February 1 drafted terms of settlements which were filed before the court on February 2.
In his judgment, Opara said the terms of settlements had become a consent judgement of the court.
Speaking with journalists after the court session, Emeka said following the judgment, all entitlements due to his client as a former deputy governor of the state has been restored and he is legally authorised to hold public positions.
He noted that the impeachment case is the longest in the history of the country as the case which started on April 30, 2013, ended after 8 years.
Emeka said the parties had to “shift grounds” in order to peacefully agree on the terms of settlements.
Reacting to the judgment, Agbaso said he felt delighted to be “vindicated” of fraud allegations after eight years.
He accused Okorocha of intentionally framing him up “just to get me out of the way”, stressing;
It has been a torturous eight years but I thank the good people of Imo State. I thank the government of Senator Hope Uzodinma for its bold stand, which hastened the resolution.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Ufc Welterweight Champion Kamaru Usman Declares War On Longtime Contender Jorge Masvidal In Sold-out Epic Rematch Battle
- Watch Skaa In Neon Lights Filled Visuals for “Right Back” featuring Buju
- COVID-19: Nigeria Records 120 New Cases, Zero Deaths In Over A Week
- Gunmen Attack Green Field Private University In Kaduna, Kidnap Students
- Derek Chauvin Found Guilty Of All Three Charges In George Floyd’s Death
- FarmKonnect To Launch Africa’s First Agricultural Electronic Centre In Ibadan
- Phlex has releases a new single, titled “Flavour”
- COVID-19: Nigeria Records 26 New Cases – Lowest Daily Infections In One Year
- UEFA To Ban Clubs Who Take Part In Breakaway European Super League
- Versatile Act, Vclef Releases New Stunning Photos In Anticipation Of His Forthcoming Single
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News5 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes