The Management of Dangote Group says its sugar and salt companies lose about N 2 billion naira monthly to the perennial traffic gridlocks on Apapa Port roads every month. The company’s traffic Manager, Mr Mohammadu Rabiu, revealed this at a stakeholders meeting called at the instance of the Western Naval Command of the Nigerian Navy in Lagos
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the meeting was aimed a finding a lasting solution to the chaotic traffic situation in the area.
Rabiu said that the company was losing so much because of its inability to lift products from its depot at the port as a result of the traffic congestion.
He refuted claims that Dangote trucks were among those constituting nuisance in the area, saying that the company’s transport unit only sent out specific numbers of trucks that have business to do in the port.
“We sent about 40 trucks daily to our depot but they have to remain on the bridge pending when they have access to the ports.
“Any single Dangote truck seen on the road is needed in the port. You will never see repair work being done on Dangote truck by the side of the road or on the bridges,” he said.
Rabiu, however, advised the Nigerian Ports Authority to introduce tallying system for truck drivers, adding that any truck on Lagos roads without carrying tally should be turned back.
“Unwanted trucks that do not have anything to do in the port should not be seen on the road.
“The solution to the traffic problem in Apapa is by removing unwanted trucks from the roads,’’ he added.
NAN reports that stakeholders present at the meeting included the Navy, Army, Police as well as Lagos State Ministry of Transport, LATSMA, relevant trade union and Apapa Local Government officials.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- NBA Legend Kobe Bryant Dies in Helicopter Crash
- Osinbajo reveals importance of VAT increment to economy
- President Buhari reiterates pledge to defeat Boko Haram
- Boko Haram: EU, UN express concern over increasing attacks on aid workers in Nigeria
- ‘Without stable electricity, Nigeria won’t make progress’ – El-Rufai
- Davido is set to Make an Appearance in Toyin Abraham’s “Alakada Reloaded”
- Burna Boy Gave a Thrilling Performance at the Pre-Grammy Party
- Bayern Munich 5-0 Schalke: Rampant win sees Bundesliga champions close the gap
- Hull City 1-2 Chelsea: Blues through after late scare
- Elite Vibez Awards (EVA) Announces Entry For Nominations For Eva 2020
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News1 year ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Sport1 year ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Community1 year ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!