Department of State Services (DSS) has denied reports that it attempted to arrest Yoruba activist, Sunday Igboho, in Oyo State on Friday afternoon, February 26.
Public Relations Officer of DSS, Dr. Peter Afunanya, debunked the report in a statement released this evening.
The Department of State Services wishes to refute the news that it attempted to arrest one Sunday Igboho, today, at Ibadan, Oyo State. The said news is misinforming and should be taken as fake and therefore be disregarded.
Earlier today, there was an attempt to arrest the self-acclaimed Yoruba activist, Chief Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Sunday Igboho, along Lagos-Ibadan expressway on Friday afternoon.
According to video shared online, Igboho, who was see topless, is seen with his men daring the security operatives to “do their worst” before they drove off.
Announcing the incident, former Minister of Aviation, Chief Femi Fani-Kayode, in a statement said Igboho was on his way to meet with 93-year-old Afenifere Chieftain, Ayo Adebanjo, when the incident occurred.
He condemned the attempt to ambush and abduct Igboho, saying it was a reckless and very dangerous act.
Fani-Kayode warned the Federal Government from arresting Igboho, who he claims is a hero to millions of Yorubas.
He alleged that killing him or detaining him unlawfully would be the biggest mistake the FG could make.
Fani-Kayode then urged FG to building bridges, dialogue and the pursuit of peace rather than resorting to intimidation, threats, violence and war.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes