President Muhammadu Buhari on Thursday reassured Nigerians that the country can make rapid progress on all fronts.
The President gave this message in his Eid-El-Kabir message to Nigerians from his home in Daura, Katsina state.
In the Sallah message, President Buhari thanked Nigerians who prayed for his recovery and have continued to extend their goodwill and support after his return to the country.
The message reads: “Fellow Compatriots, I felicitate with you all, particularly the Muslim faithful, on the celebration of this year’s Eid-El-Kabir.
“I congratulate our Muslim brothers and sisters who are currently in Saudi Arabia to participate in the rites of the Hajj.
“From the outset, I want to use this opportunity to thank all Nigerians who prayed for my recovery and have continued to extend their goodwill and support after my return to the country.
“Indeed your fervent and sincere prayers, which cut across religion, political and ethnic divides, has energised me to re-dedicate myself and this administration to the task of building a great Nigeria.
“On the joyous occasion of this year’s Eid-El-Kabir celebration, I appeal to all Nigerians to rise against the odds, keep our prejudices aside and strengthen the bonds of friendship and unity to keep our country together.
“For Muslims all over the world, this celebration is to commemorate the trials and triumph of Prophet (Abraham) Ibrahim.
“As we celebrate, I sincerely believe that our nation can make rapid progress on all fronts if we re-enact the exemplary virtues, typified by Prophet (Abraham) Ibrahim, through his sacrifice, patience, steadfastness, generosity and obedience to Allah’s command and constituted authority.
“We must learn to see ourselves as brothers and sisters from the same heritage, who must come to terms with the African proverb that ‘a family tie is like a tree, it can bend but it cannot break’.
“Once again, I assure you that this administration, which has made the security, economic well-being and prosperity of all Nigerians its priority, will not rest on its oars until we see the Nigeria of our dream.
“I wish everyone happy Sallah celebrations.”
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Manchester United 5-0 RB Leipzig: Rashford hat-trick secures emphatic victory
- Juventus 0-2 Barcelona: Dembele and Messi decide battle of Group G titans
- Krasnodar 0-4 Chelsea: Ziyech off the mark as Blues return to winning ways
- Neymar off injured in PSG clash with Istanbul Basaksehir
- Istanbul Basaksehir 0-2 Paris Saint-Germain: Neymar injury sours another Kean double
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2020: The Complete Winners List
- Burna Boy performs “Monsters You Made” with Chris Martin at the 2020 BET Hip Hop Awards
- TROD Calls out the Government with new Single “Fvck The Government”
- Shia LaBeouf & Margaret Qualley Get COMPLETELY NAKED In New Music Video!
- Man Burns His $170,000 Mercedes Because It Was Always Breaking Down
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World