As the Buhari administration continues a wind down of its first term, the approval of contracts again took the attention of the Federal Executive Council.
Power was top on the agenda with council approving the purchase of two hundred thousand, two hundred and seventeen meters under the Meter Asset Provider Scheme at a cost of eleven point two billion naira.
The provision of pre-paid meters should ordinarily be the responsibility of the power distribution companies, but the slow pace with which they are going about this task, is what prompted government’s introduction of the Meter Asset Provider Scheme.
But even this scheme is now generating controversy with Nigerians accusing government of exploiting them with the introduction of purchase fees for meters.
The Minister of Power is passionate about correcting this impression
Also approved by Council this week, is the purchase of grains to reinforce the National Grains reserve. 61,000 tonnes of maize millet and sorghum are to be purchased at the cost
of 7.9 billion Naira
In addition to the purchase of the grains, government is also treating the grains against an infestation known as Aflatoxin which has been confirmed to be a threat to the liver and kidney of consumers
Finally the cabinet approved the construction of an interchange and pedestrian bridge at the Abaji end of the Abuja Lokoja expressway at a cost of seven point one billion Nair
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Super Eagles beat Tunisia 1-0 to win 3rd-place game of AFCON 2019
- ‘Game of Thrones’, lead Emmy Awards nominations
- Chukwueze, De Ligt, Hudson-Odoi make shortlist for 2019 Golden Boy Award
- BBNaija 2019: Tacha Blasts Frodd For Wanting To Share Bathroom With Her
- Watch The Official Trailer for Padita Agu’s “My Name is Not Olosho”
- Gabrielle Union-Wade & Daughter look Too Cute in Coordinating African Inspired Outfits
- Trippier swaps Tottenham for Atletico in reported €22m transfer
- Sterling hits brace as Man City hammer West Ham in China
- Pogba shines as United thrash Leeds
- Bobby Jay Presents BOLIC 2019 | See Moments From Previous Edition
Top Posts & Pages
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News8 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities1 year ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport6 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community9 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!