Connect with us

News

FG Extends N-Power Application By Two Weeks

Published

on

Federal government has extended online application for N-Power jobs in the 2020 Batch C programme.

The N-Power is a scheme set up in June 2016 to address the issues of youth unemployment and help increase social development.

Sadiya Umar Farouq, minister of humanitarian affairs, disaster management and social development, announced the extension in a series of tweets late Sunday.

The application portal was earlier scheduled to close on July 26, but Farouq said an extension will be made to allow for more inclusiveness in the application process.

She tweeted;

Farouq added;

In a bid to extend the opportunity to all Nigerians and ensure it is truly inclusive. The portal will close at midnight on August 8th, 2020.

The N-Power programme has so far enrolled 500,000 beneficiaries; they include 200,000 from Batch A that commenced in September 2016, and 300,000 from Batch B which started in August 2018.

Farouq also reacted to a protest by members of batches A and B at the national assembly last week.

The enrollees protested unpaid stipends and also demanded N600,000 each in form of grants to establish themselves.

The minister said the exit of both batches is meant to provide the same opportunity for other Nigerians.

She added;

Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Trending

%d bloggers like this: