American professional boxer, Floyd Mayweather, has dramatically made a U-Turn and won’t be fighting 20-year-old Japanese kickboxer,Tenshin Nasukawa anymore for his comeback fight.
The 41-year-old had initially confirmed the bout for 31st of December 2018 during a press conference which took place on Sunday night in Tokyo. It was also understood that he revealed that he signed with Japanese mixed martial arts promotions company RIZIN Fighting Federation.
After the announcement, his enemies, 50 Cent, Conor McGregor and many others blasted him for agreeing to fight a younger kickboxer.
Taking to his Instagram account this night, Mayweather denied he agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa.
Now that I am back on U.S. soil after a long and disappointing trip to Tokyo, I now have the time to address you, my fans and the media in regard to the upcoming event on December 31st that was recently announced. First and foremost, I want it to be clear that I, Floyd Mayweather, never agreed to an official bout with Tenshin Nasukawa. In fact (with all due respect) I have never heard of him until this recent trip to Japan. Ultimately, I was asked to participate in a 9 minute exhibition of 3 rounds with an opponent selected by the “Rizen Fighting Federation”.
What I was originally informed of by Brent Johnson of “One Entertainment” was that this was to be an exhibition put on for a small group of wealthy spectators for a very large fee. This exhibition was previously arranged as a “Special Bout” purely for entertainment purposes with no intentions of being represented as an official fight card nor televised worldwide. Once I arrived to the press conference, my team and I were completely derailed by the new direction this event was going and we should have put a stop to it immediately.
I want to sincerely apologize to my fans for the very misleading information that was announced during this press conference and I can assure you that I too was completely blindsided by the arrangements that were being made without my consent nor approval. For the sake of the several fans and attendees that flew in from all parts of the world to attend this past press conference, I was hesitant to create a huge disturbance by combating what was being said and for that I am truly sorry. I am a retired boxer that earns an unprecedented amount of money, globally, for appearances, speaking engagements and occasional small exhibitions.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Khafi Finally Receives Car Prize For winning ‘Innoson Motor Challenge’
- Beyoncé Covers Elle US’ Latest Issue!
- Cardi B Is Missing Nigeria Already
- Full List Of Nominees For 2020 Golden Globes
- Ashanti Opens Up About Pain Of 10 Years
- South Africa’s Zozibini Tunzi was crowned Miss Universe 2019
- Orji Kalu Will Receive his Full Salaries and Allowances in Prison – Senate
- Sanna Marin of Finland Becomes the Youngest Serving Prime Minister in the World
- Man Utd star Rashford can emulate Ronaldo, says Solskjaer
- West Ham 1 Arsenal 3: Ljungberg off the mark as Pepe inspires Gunners comeback
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News1 year ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport11 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community1 year ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!