Fulani group identified as Fulani Nationality Movement (FUNAM) has reportedly claimed responsibility for the attack on Governor Samuel Ortom of Benue state.
According to DailyPost, FUNAM said it planned to kill Ortom on Saturday, but its plan suffered a setback due to a slight communication error.
On Saturday, gunmen attacked the governor’s convoy while on a visit to a farm. The incident was said to have occurred at Tyo Mu along Makurdi-Gboko road.
Giving a reason for the intended action, one Umar Amir Shehu in a statement courtesy the group said Ortom stood against open grazing and Fulani interest in the country.
The statement entitled: “Why we attacked Ortom” reads;
Our attention has been drawn to media reports today speculating about who attacked the Governor of Benue State, Samuel Ortom.
Yes. Yes, We did. The Fulani Nationality Movement, (FUNAM) carried out the attack. We have genuine reasons. We acted on behalf of Millions of Fulani people in 15 countries.
It’s a case of vengeance against an infidel who has used his time and money, deployed in destroying the Fulani values and inheritance.
Read Also: IGP Orders Investigation Into Attack On Benue Gov, Ortom’s Convoy
The group added;
Our courageous fighters carried out this historic attack to send a great message to Ortum and his collaborators: Where ever you are, once you are against Fulani long term interest, we shall get you down. This is a clear warning. We hope those who take us for granted will get the indisputable message.
Our intention is unequivocal: TO KILL HIM. That mission will one day be fulfilled and very soon too.
Eleven of FUNAM operatives were involved in the attack. Ortom escaped today because of a slight technical communication error. Next time, he will not be lucky. We can assure him and his supporters.
Reacting, the governor had alleged that linked the assassination attempt to Miyetti Allah Cattle Breeders Association of Nigeria (MACBAN).
The governor claimed that MACBAN concluded plans to assassinate him over his position on open grazing.
Ortom alleged that Miyetti Allah took the decision to eliminate him during a meeting they organised recently in Yola.
He noted that his life is in the hands of the Supreme God and no Fulani man can kill him, said he received intelligence that the association planned to kill his security aides and subsequently capture him alive.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes