Gambia’s Scorpions qualified for the Total Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON) for the first time ever after a slim 1-0 victory over Angola in Banjul on Thursday. The victory sees Gambia move to 10 points with one round of matches left.
Assan Ceesay scored the lone goal for the Gambians in the 62nd minute to give the Gambians the vital victory and another feather to their footballing caps after the performance of their Under-20 team in Mauritania.
Meanwhile, Gabon have also booked a ticket to Cameroon after a well worked 3-0 victory over DR Congo at the Stade de la Renovation de Franceville. Aaron Boupendza, Denis Bouanga and skipper Pierre Emerick Aubameyang scored the goals for The Panthers.
Gabon duly went to the break one goal up after dominating play in the opening 45 minutes and creating most of the scoring chances. Boupendza broke the deadlock for the Gabonese with their first shot on target.
They had been knocking on the DR Congo door from the onset, trying to get that vital goal that would spur them in.
In the eight minute, Didier Ndong struck a brilliant shot from the edge of the area that went just wide off target, with the Congolese defense caught flat out.
They had another chance two minutes later when Pierre Emerick Aubameyang did well to cut back a cross from the right, but Denis Bouanga’s low shot hit the outside of the post.
Bouanga, Aubameyang and Mario Lemina were causing all sorts of problems for the DR Congo backline, but that vital goal just never came through.
DR Congo came stronger in the second half as they knew getting a point in the tie will give them a chance in the final game of the group phase. They had a chance four minutes after the break, but Ben Malango’s header from a Jordan Botaka cross went over.
They were however deflated in the 72nd minute when Bouanga broke the offside trap off an Aubameyang pass before hitting low past the keeper.
Aubameyang had a goal for himself four minutes to the final whistle to seal Gabon’s place in Cameroon.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes