Just as Giannis Antetokounmpo has been shining on the court, the NBA star has also been flexing his entrepreneurship muscles. Thanks to a recent collaboration with Nike, which led to the production of his line of sneakers called the ‘Zoom Freak 1’, the entrepreneurship side is thriving.
And, now, taking it up a notch, the 2019 NBA MVP is set to release a limited edition of the sneakers, inspired by the iconic, Oscar-nominated movie, Coming to America. Fans of the 1988 classic are currently waiting on the sequel, making this move a pretty clever one.
For those who have been living under a rock, Coming To America is a comedy that follows Akeem Joffer (played by Eddie Murphy), the crown prince of the fictional African nation of Zamunda, who travels to the United States in the hopes of finding a woman he can marry.
According to a tweet by Nike’s media relations director, Josh Benedek, the collection celebrates the similarities and differences between Antetokounmpo and Prince Akeem’s stories. And what’s more, the designs are being made in collaboration with Paramount Pictures, the studio behind the film.
Although the movie isn’t expected to hit theatres until August 2020, the Nike Zoom Freak 1 “Coming to America” will be available for purchase from August 2 this year. Meanwhile, you can watch this sketch of Prince Akeem’s (or do we say, Antetokounmpo’s) arrival in the US:
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- BBNaija 2019: Gedoni Evicted From Reality TV Show
- Here Is The World’s Sexiest Accent
- Barack Obama list Rema’s single ‘Iron Man’ as 1 of his summer songs
- Process is a huge part of success – Adedamola Edun
- Naira Marley Replies Lady Who Asked Him To Impregnate Her
- Special Prosecutor Appointed To Re-Examine Jussie Smollett Case
- Newcastle Stun Insipid Spurs With Helping Hand From VAR
- Bayern target Timo Werner extends contract at Leipzig
- Racist abuse ‘only makes me stronger’ – Pogba
- Feel-Pop Sensation, Jibade Returns With a Classic Sound
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News9 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities1 year ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport8 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community10 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!