Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu increases LASTMA officials salary by a 100 percent.
Lagos state governor has announced a 100 percent increase in the allowances of Lagos State Traffic Management Authority officials (LASTMA). The announcement of the salary increase was made when Sanwo Olu visited the LASTMA headquarters at Oshodi, Lagos. He promised that the increase would commence from the end of July 2019 while also stating that LASTMA officials would be entitled to free health treatment.
“From the end of next month, we are going to double your allowance, from the end of next month. If you are earning N5,000 allowance, we are going to double it for you. It is Lagos State tax payer’s money we are going to be giving to all of you so the citizens are going to be expecting a new, reformed and more civil LASTMA officers, Any LASTMA official that is on duty and has reported one form of illness or the other should be treated free of charge.”
Sanwo-also commended the officials for their service to ensure a free flow of traffic and traffic management in the state. He reminded them of his promise to rehabilitate bad roads in Lagos as he insists that the government would now be strict with traffic offenders.
LASTMA officials were tasked not to allow any offender go without paying fine saying, “if the person says he knows the governor, tell him to call the governor to pay the money for the offence.” Sanwo-Olu urged the traffic management officers to be civil when engaging road users.
“They (people) want a LASTMA officer that shows civility. Courtesy demands courtesy if you are going to even arrest or apprehend somebody, be courteous and respectful to them,” he added.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- New Music: Olawale Kentucky – Kokoka ft. Boy Combination
- New Music: Bordegga – African Woman (Prod By Spells)
- UK government sets date for first post-Brexit budget
- Sanwo-Olu Declares State of Emergency on Dilapidated Roads in Lagos
- Rohr looks at positives as Brazil force Nigeria to 1-1 draw
- Portugal 3-0 Luxembourg: Silva, Ronaldo and Guedes on target in comfortable outing
- Iceland 0-1 France: Giroud makes Iceland pay the penalty
- Czech Republic 2-1 England: Comeback win denies Three Lions Euro 2020 qualification
- New Muisic: i-Cent – Big Man
- Injured Lloris out of action for club, country till next year
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News11 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport10 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community12 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!