Nigeria’s music export and Grammy Award-winning Afrofusion pioneer, Burna Boy releases the visuals to “23”, the tenth track off his internationally acclaimed album ”Twice As Tall”; just days after his Grammy award win.
Produced by Skread and directed by Clarence Peters, Burna Boy gets to the heart of the matter in this sombre and reflective tune which alludes to Michael Jordan’s basketball jersey number “23” and an ‘Impossible is Nothing’ mentality when you’re focused on achieving your dreams and reaching your full potential despite the circumstances that surround you; a message perfectly captured in this visual where we see a basketball champion, wheelchair-ridden from birth and an aspiring female songwriter and music producer who grew up in orphanages; all rise to conquer new heights.
While the big idea for this visual was to shed light and give a platform to under-celebrated creatives and athletes all over the world, it’s theme of women as the heart of this visual was intentional in alignment with the month of March also known as Women’s month, to celebrate women in all ramifications. Clarence Peters shows top-notch artistry in capturing the pulse of this exceptional visual, giving us something hopeful to hold onto. Beautifully structured, the home-grown international music star brings something special, something spiritual to ”23” that is addictive, soul-deep and gripping, making the ”23” visual creep in on you, connect with you, take you over and slap you hard.
In a mix of English, pidgin English and Yoruba, the ”23” visual which comes from a place of transformation, maturity and growth closes with the African Giant’s palpable excitement at the precise moment when he won the Grammy award for ‘Best Global Music Album’ held recently, is a testament to the belief that he makes historic music way ahead of his time, thereby charting a new course in African music.
Music has always been a spiritual thing for the Grammy award winner who has never picked up a pen and paper and written down a song in his life. According to him: ”all just comes, like someone is standing there and telling me what to say. It’s all according to the spirits. Some of us are put on this earth to do what we do.”
It is an open secret that Burna Boy understands music, mastered his craft to perfection and ”TWICE AS TALL” is proof of that. A true cascade of sounds, one different from the other, ”23” is a vibe and more and the visual? Is everything.
Watch the ”23” visual
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes