Hackers Steal Script, Leak Upcoming Episodes Of Game Of Thrones
Hollywood entertainment company HBO said it was the victim of a hack that may have leaked as much as 1.5 terabytes of show data, including a script to an upcoming episode of Game of Thrones.
According to a report from Entertainment Weekly, upcoming episodes of a couple series and at least one alleged script or treatment have been put online by hackers who breached the company’s systems — with more threatened to be coming soon.
“HBO recently experienced a cyber incident, which resulted in the compromise of proprietary information,” the network said in a statement issued and published yesterday by EW.
“We immediately began investigating the incident and are working with law enforcement and outside cybersecurity firms. Data protection is a top priority at HBO, and we take seriously our responsibility to protect the data we hold.”
Hackers claimed to have obtained 1.5 terabytes of data from the company. So far, an upcoming episode of Ballers and Room 104 have apparently been put online.
There is also written material that’s allegedly from next week’s fourth episode of Game of Thrones. More is promised to be “coming soon.”
In the early hours of Monday, HBO chairman and CEO Richard Plepler sent an email to HBO employees alerting them of the breach.
He wrote: “As most of you have probably heard by now, there has been a cyber incident directed at the company which has resulted in some stolen proprietary information, including some of our programming.”
“Any intrusion of this nature is obviously disruptive, unsettling, and disturbing for all of us. I can assure you that senior leadership and our extraordinary technology team, along with outside experts, are working round the clock to protect our collective interests. The efforts across multiple departments have been nothing short of herculean. It is a textbook example of quintessential HBO teamwork. The problem before us is unfortunately all too familiar in the world we now find ourselves a part of. As has been the case with any challenge we have ever faced, I have absolutely no doubt that we will navigate our way through this successfully.”
HBO has struggled with Game of Thrones leaks in the past. In 2015, the first four episodes of season 5 leaked online.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Police Spokesperson, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi SaysPortable To Face 6-Count Charges
- Blaqboi Takes On The 10 Questions With..
- Immortal Record Label Releases Peeray New Single “Shine”
- Davido Speaks On His Relationship With Wizkid After The Passing Of His Son
- NBC Slaps N5m penalty On Channels TV For Breaking Broadcast Code During Interview With Labour party’s Vice Presidential Candidate, Baba Datti-Ahmed
- Transfer: Barca Make Contact With Lionel Messi, Vice President Proclaims
- Former BBNaija Stars, Saga And Nini Engagement Photos Suffices
- Nigerian Court Pronounces Judgement On Chinese Nationals And Sends Them To Prison Over Corruption
- Court Orders Abia State Government Bank Accounts Be Frozen
- Sex-for-marks: ICPC Prosecutes TASUED Lecturer
Entertainment News5 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News2 years ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles6 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Business News1 year ago
Air Peace Introduces Priority Boarding For Military Personnel
Photos5 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Videos3 years ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Entertainment News5 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities5 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant