Tottenham managed to put the controversy over their delayed move to a new home behind them and Harry Kane finally found the net in August as Fulham were beaten 3-1 on Saturday.
England forward Kane had never scored this month, despite 14 previous matches, before he claimed an important third goal for Mauricio Pochettino’s side after 77 minutes at Wembley.
Substitute Erik Lamela carved it out, surging half the length of the field before slipping through a pass which allowed Kane to switch feet and curl a shot into the far corner of the Fulham goal.
Three minutes earlier, Kieran Trippier had restored the lead for the home side, direct from a 25-yard free-kick — a magnificent strike reminiscent of the one he scored in the World Cup semi-final for England against Croatia.
After a dominant first half, Spurs had finally taken the lead just before the interval through Brazilian winger Lucas Moura.
The 26-year-old had impressed on Tottenham’s pre-season tour, having found his first-team chances limited last season after joining from Paris Saint-Germain in January.
He showed he is in the mood to maintain that form with the way he connected with Calum Chambers’ weak clearance, from a Christian Eriksen cross, sending a superbly-weighted left-foot shot into the top of the Fulham goal from the edge of the area.
It was a goal that had been coming, but which was all the more important given the air of gloom that has surrounded Pochettino’s club this week following the news that their move to the rebuilt White Hart Lane stadium has been delayed again.
The meeting with newly-promoted Fulham, who had won at Wembley more recently than Spurs, having gained promotion via the play-off final in May, was scheduled to be the club’s final fixture at their adopted home
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Days of rigging are over – police boss
- Rep says each member gets N9.3 million every month
- Ikeja electric suspends new electricity tariff
- Yemi Alade Celebrates Nigeria’s 60th Independence Day with a live rendition of her song “CIA (Criminal in Agbada)
- Police To Punish Officer For Attacking Journalist At Revolution Now Protest – Spokesperson
- Google And Nigerian Tourism Development Corporation Partner To Support Tourism Industry – Launch Tour Nigeria Collection
- First Person To Be Cured Of HIV Dies Of Cancer
- Nicki Minaj and her husband, Kenneth Petty Welcome First Child
- Pogba returns to France squad for Nations League matches
- Bukayo Saka Picks England Ahead Of Nigeria
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World