Ibrahimovic, Pogba & Rojo Return To Manchester United Squad
Ibrahimovic, Paul Pogba and Marcos Rojo have all returned from injury and were included in Manchester United’s squad for clash with Newcastle.
Jose Mourinho disclosed this on Friday when he addressed his press conference ahead of Saturday’s Premier League clash with Newcastle.
Ibrahimovic and Rojo have been sidelined since April after suffering knee ligament injuries in the same game against Anderlecht in the Europa League quarterfinals.
France midfielder, Pogba, however, has not played since suffering a hamstring tear against Basel on September 12.
Mourinho said, “All three selected for the match. Paul, you can clearly see Manchester United this season before Paul’s injury and after Paul’s injury.
“There are qualities in our football that influence our approach in matches, with Pogba and without Pogba, that’s as simple as that.
“Zlatan, last season we played with him every minute almost until he was injured; this season we learn how to play without him, but he’s a very important player for us and of course welcome back.”
Speaking more about Ibrahimovic, Mourinho added, “Of course, incredible personality to fight such an important injury.
“We were all saying in 2017 he will be back, but one thing is Dec. 31, 2017, and another thing is mid-November. He was as an injured player the same super professional he is when he’s fit.
“So fantastic work, same as Marcos, is an important injury too, a big surgery; he played with the young boys on Wednesday and is fine, is confident, is also ready.
“Paul is obviously not the same dimension, was not a surgical situation but was also bad and all three are back.”
On how he would pair Zlatan with Lukaku, he added, “Good players can play together. It is easy to play together.
Hide quoted text
“Zlatan made a full recovery; now you cannot expect him to play 90 minutes or consecutive matches like he did all his career. Now he needs time to be back for his level, his fitness, his confidence, everything, his sharpness, but, by the clinical point of view, it is fantastic to be ready.”
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Police Spokesperson, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi SaysPortable To Face 6-Count Charges
- Blaqboi Takes On The 10 Questions With..
- Immortal Record Label Releases Peeray New Single “Shine”
- Davido Speaks On His Relationship With Wizkid After The Passing Of His Son
- NBC Slaps N5m penalty On Channels TV For Breaking Broadcast Code During Interview With Labour party’s Vice Presidential Candidate, Baba Datti-Ahmed
- Transfer: Barca Make Contact With Lionel Messi, Vice President Proclaims
- Former BBNaija Stars, Saga And Nini Engagement Photos Suffices
- Nigerian Court Pronounces Judgement On Chinese Nationals And Sends Them To Prison Over Corruption
- Court Orders Abia State Government Bank Accounts Be Frozen
- Sex-for-marks: ICPC Prosecutes TASUED Lecturer
Entertainment News5 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News2 years ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles6 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Business News1 year ago
Air Peace Introduces Priority Boarding For Military Personnel
Photos5 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Videos3 years ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Entertainment News5 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities5 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant