The International Monetary Fund (IMF) has predicted that Nigeria’s economy will grow at a faster pace than the South Africa’s in the 2018 fiscal year.
According to its World Economic Outlook (WEO) for July 2017, the IMF said Nigeria will grow at 1.9 percent in 2018, while South Africa will only climb by 1.2 percent.
The Bretton Woods institution, which held global growth projections at 3.5 percent in 2017 and 3.6 percent in 2018 — said growth was marked down in South Africa, due to elevated political uncertainty.
“In Sub-Saharan Africa, the outlook remains challenging. Growth is projected to rise in 2017 and 2018, but will barely return to positive territory in per capita terms this year for the region as a whole—and would remain negative for about a third of the countries in the region,” the IMF said via WEO.
“The slight upward revision to 2017 growth relative to the April 2017 WEO forecast reflects a modest upgrading of growth prospects for South Africa, which is experiencing a bumper crop due to better rainfall and an increase in mining output prompted by a moderate rebound in commodity prices.
“However, the outlook for South Africa remains difficult, with elevated political uncertainty and weak consumer and business confidence, and the country’s growth forecast was consequently marked down for 2018”, it noted.
IMF also added that global growth will be aided by growths in the US and the UK, who are projected to grow at 2.1 percent and 1.5 percent respectively.
“China’s growth projections have also been revised up (6.7%), reflecting a strong first quarter of 2017 and expectations of continued fiscal support.
“Inflation in advanced economies remains subdued and generally below targets; it has also been declining in several emerging economies, such as Brazil, India, and Russia.”
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Juventus 1-1 Hellas Verona: Kulusevski salvages a point for below-par Bianconeri
- Arsenal 0-1 Leicester City: Substitute Vardy ends Gunners’ unbeaten home run
- H.E.R And Her Band Performs At Saturday Night Live With #ENDSARS Shirts
- Ancelotti suggests ‘joke’ Digne red card was down to Pickford-Van Dijk furore
- Ronaldinho tests positive for coronavirus
- We’ve Lost Over N38m Worth Goods To Looters – Y North MD
- Griezmann urged to leave Barcelona by Lizarazu
- Barca hurt by Coutinho injury in Clasico defeat
- The Address President Buhari Could Have Given: A Piece by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- Davido’s fiancee Chioma tattoos their son’s name on her wrist
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World