The Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of Ayoola Foods Limited, Mr. Segun Olaye, has advised Nigerians to embrace eating unripe plantain so as to maintain sound health. He said that was why the company, which specialises in food processing, recently introduced the unripe plantain flour into the market.
He said, “We introduced plantain flour, which is 100 per cent made from unripe plantain, because of its health benefits, because it has so many health benefits.
“You see, Nigerians are now careful of what they eat because as the saying goes, you are what you eat. The unripe plantain flour is a very good food for any age group, demography, gender, body shape. We are using 100 per cent unripe plantain for the product.”
Highlighting the health benefits of unripe plantain, Olaye said, “It has so many vitamins. It contains vitamins B6, C, A. Unripe plantain helps in strengthening the bones because of the high calcium content, helps in enhancing good vision, helps in boosting the immune system and it enhances sexual performance, that is, it boosts libido.
“You can also use it to reduce fat tummy, meaning it helps in losing weight. It also has carbohydrate. People shouldn’t compare an unripe plantain with a ripe one. Once a plantain ripens, the nutrient composition changes.
“The duo have their different benefits, but if you are health conscious, the one you should be eating is unripe plantain. It contains very low sugar, which is why it’s very good for people suffering from diabetes.
“But even if you are not diabetic, unripe plantain is very good so as to control sugar intake because prevention is better than cure. And we have unripe plantain in large quantities in Nigeria, especially in the South.”
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Portugal 3-0 Luxembourg: Silva, Ronaldo and Guedes on target in comfortable outing
- Iceland 0-1 France: Giroud makes Iceland pay the penalty
- Czech Republic 2-1 England: Comeback win denies Three Lions Euro 2020 qualification
- New Muisic: i-Cent – Big Man
- Injured Lloris out of action for club, country till next year
- Drama, controversy as Falcons fail to qualify for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Rihanna is Releasing an Autobiography – “The Rihanna Book”
- New Video: Eri Ife – Dear Future Wife
- Barcelona 4-0 Sevilla: Suarez, Dembele and Messi shine without Griezmann
- Manchester City 0-2 Wolves: Traore double stuns insipid champions
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News10 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport9 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community12 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!