Twitter founder Jack Dorsey’s first ever tweet has been sold for the equivalent of $2.9m (£2.1m) to the head of blockchain service CryptoLand and software firm Bridge Oracle Sina Estavi.
Dorsey’s first tweet, which reads, “just setting up my twttr,” was posted by Dorsey on March 21, 2006.
The tweet was sold as a non-fungible token (NFT) – a unique digital certificate that states who owns a photo, video or other form of online media.
Dorsey’s tweet was sold via an auction on an online platform called Valuables, which is owned by the US-based company Cent.
The Twitter co-founder will receive 95% of the proceeds of the primary sale, while Cent receives 5% according to the platform’s rules.
The post will remain publicly available on Twitter even after it has been auctioned off.
Estavi who bought the tweet compared the purchase to buying a Mona Lisa painting.
“This is not just a tweet,” Estavi, said on Twitter on Monday.
“I think years later people will realize the true value of this tweet, like the Mona Lisa painting.”
Estavi will receive a certificate, digitally signed and verified by Dorsey, as well as the metadata of the original tweet.
The data will include information such as the time the tweet was posted and its text contents.
Dorsey has converted the sale proceeds to Bitcoin – 50.8751669 BTC ($2,778,292.86) – and donated it to the GiveDirectly Africa fund.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes