Former Arsenal Player Ian Wright says he believes Jose Mourinho is fast becoming Arsene Wenger, as he is undoing all he has achieved.
And ex-Arsenal striker Wright told The Sun of the similarities between Mourinho’s current situation and that which saw Wenger leave the Gunners after 22 years.
He said: “The saddest thing of all when I look at United under Jose Mourinho? As much as I respect him as a manager, I can’t see any way it is going to turn around.
“We all know about Jose and his third-year syndrome. But, listening to him talk, it’s as though even he has accepted it himself.
“It has me screaming: ‘Come on, man. You’ll go down as one of the greats, but the way you’re acting will tarnish everything you’ve done’.
“In many ways it’s like the last days of Arsene Wenger.
“People were watching Arsenal because it was car-crash football. United are fast turning into the same.
“You can’t say there has been no progress under Jose, because there has. They’ve won a Europa League and League Cup, and last term finished second in the table.
“But that’s been to the detriment of the sort of football which has long been their mantra.
“The people upstairs can’t be happy, the fans certainly aren’t and Jose’s definitely not. And as for the players? It’s clearly not a good situation. Something really isn’t right.
“Mourinho has had a pop at players time and again, he had another go in pre-season and now finds himself having to call on some of them.
“I’m not for one second suggesting in any way they’re throwing games. But equally, you cannot tell me some aren’t thinking, ‘This serves you right’.”
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Liverpool 3-1 Arsenal: Jota wraps up win on league debut as champions maintain perfect start
- Fireboy DML’s song ‘Scatter’ featured as FIFA 2021 soundtrack
- Minjin teams up with two Mavin’s heavyweights; Korede Bello and DJ Big N to deliver ‘Sugarboy Remix’.
- Ruben Dias to Man City: Pep Guardiola’s defender spending continues
- Sancho’s Man Utd transfer expected to be completed
- Super Eagles forward Simy Nwankwo Struggles as AC Milan beat Crotone away
- Nigeria’s new defender Kevin Akpoguma Starred as Hoffenheim beat Bayern Munich 4 – 1
- Donald Trump paid only $750 in federal income tax in 2016 – NYT
- Stephanie Linus Appointed as National OPS-WASH Ambassador by the Honourable Minister of Water Resources
- Connect With Your Favorite Celebrities On PENG
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World