The case between the Federal government and the Chief Justice of Nigeria, Walter Onnoghen, has been adjourned till Tuesday January 22nd.
This came after a heated argument between the defence and prosecution team over the manner in which the CJN Justice Onnoghen was served his invitation to appear before the CCT.
While Wole Olanipekun SAN, the lead counsel in Onnoghen defence team argued that the CJN was not personnally served the letter of invitation and so cannot appear, the lead counsel in the prosecution team, Aliyu Umar SAN, argued that Onnoghen’s Personal Assistant received the letter of invitation on behalf of Onnoghen and so there was no reason for Onnoghen not to have honored the invitation.
Olanipekun however argued that serving a court invitation by proxy is not acceptable by law. After much debate, the Chairman of the Code of Conduct Tribunal, Umar Danladi, adjourned the case till January 22nd to give room for Onnoghen to be properly served.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- INEC Announces Automatic Employment For Corps Members
- Super Falcons lose 1-0 to France in 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup group game
- Report of student visa ban for Nigerians is false — US Embassy
- Tiwa Savage Subs Companies that owe her on Instagram
- New Music: C-Max – Paradise
- FIFA Women’s World Cup: China, Spain through to last 16
- Egypt’s Ousted President Mohammed Morsi Dies During Trial
- Brief: Tokunbo Adesiyan Poses The Question “Are Your Dreams Really Valid In Nigeria?”
- NYSC Camps Officially Open For Batch B Stream 1 Corp Members
- AFCON 2019 Warm Up: Super Eagles lose in Senegal friendly
Top Posts & Pages
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Photos1 year ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News7 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities1 year ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport5 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community8 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!