Cristiano Ronaldo has marked his 600th league appearance with his 20th Serie A goal of the season as Juventus beat Spezia 3-0 on Tuesday.
The Portuguese, who also hit the post with an effort in the first half, becomes the first player to score at least 20 goals in each of the last 12 seasons in Europe’s top five leagues.
Ronaldo guided in his side’s third goal in the 89th minute after Alvaro Morata and Federico Chiesa struck earlier in the second half to put Andrea Pirlo’s side (Spezia) in a commanding position.
The win leaves Juve third with 49 points from 24 games behind AC Milan on 52 and leaders Inter Milan with 56, both of whom are in action this week against Udinese and Parma respectively
Juventus against Spezia was a must win if they wanted to remain alive in Serie A this season. Cristiano Ronaldo could have rested today if results were more positive for his side, but the collective hasn’t responded as expected.
The big man had to play the full 90 minutes in order to secure his side the victory and he was key to his side’s result today. Although he scored in the final moments of the match, Cristiano still led his teammates with his movements without the ball.
After a leveled first half with no goals, Juventus manager, Andrea Pirlo had to look to his bench, he decided to give Alvaro Morata a chance to play during the second half.
The Spaniard didn’t disappoint as he scored almost immediately. He combined with Bernardeschi and they had to wait for VAR to allow their goal on the scoreboard. After this moment, everything became easier for the Bianconeri.
Juventus became increasingly more dangerous as time kept going by. Chiesa got the second goal with 20 minutes still left on the clock. This moment gave the locals more room to maneuver and attempt to get Ronaldo his 20th goal of the season.
Near the end of the match, Rodrigo Bentancur gave Cristiano a gift he transformed into Juventus’ third goal of the evening.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes