Nigeria’s Leicester City forward Kelechi Iheanacho Sunday broke the record set by Ivorian football legend Didier Drogba for the most goals scored by an African player in the FA Cup.
Drogba netted 12 goals in the competition before quitting Chelsea in 2012.
Iheanacho netted twice in the FA Cup the fixture against Manchester United at the King Power Stadium.
His first goal came in the 24th minute of the game. The Nigerian international intercepted a back pass from Fred to United keeper Dean Henderson before going round the goalkeeper to slot home from a close range.
He nodded in at the back post a Marc Albrighton free-kick for his second goal in the 78th minute.
Apart from Manchester City’s Sergio Aguero, Iheanacho is the only other player within the English game to have netted 20 or more goals across the two domestic cup competitions since his debut for Manchester City in August 2015.
Apart from FA Cup, the forward has also scored eight goal in the League Cup.
Iheanacho joined the league of Super Eagles players who scored hat-trick in the Premier League last, scoring three goals in the 5-0 demolition of of bottom club Sheffield United.
He opened the scoring with a close-range finish in the 39th minute and netted again after 69 minutes from another Jamie Vardy assist. He wrapped up his treble with a long-range rocket in the 78th minute.
“I’m delighted for Kelechi,” said Leicester coach Brendan Rodgers. “I see improvement in him and, day by day, he trains so hard.”
It was also the first time the 24-year-old, who joined the Foxes in 2017 from Manchester City, netted in three consecutive league matches.
He has now had a direct hand in 15 goals – 11 goals, 4 assists – in his 15 starts across all competitions this season.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes