Despite the uncertainty that has trailed crypto-currency trading in Africa, its popularity has not waned at all. Infact many countries are revising their stance against it.
Kenya has launched its first Bitcoin ATM in Nairobi, dispensing Litecoin and Bitcoin in exchange for cash. The ATM was developed by Kenyan startup, BitClub.
BitClub is a crypto-currency startup that lets a user buy Bitcoin and Litecoin starting for as low as $5. BitClub’s ATM accepts both US dollars and Kenyan shillings. The ATM is believed to be popular with young people, and gets 15 to 20 visits a day already. BitClub also has plans to add M-Pesa to the payment options and is reportedly already in talks with Safaricom. It was reported earlier this year that Kenya has one of the largest crypto-currency holdings.
Kenya, isn’t the only country opening its doors to crypto. The Kenyan ATM is actually the fourth ATM for Bitcoin in Africa after Djibouti, Zimbabwe and South Africa, which, last month, launched its own first Bitcoin ATM in Johannesburg. The ATM in Zimbabwe was developed by Golix, a crypto-currency exchange startup, and they’re extending their reach to South Africa as well.
According to Coin ATM Radar, there are an estimated 3041 crypto-currency ATMs in the world, so they’re undeniably a great innovation. Not only does having an ATM make virtual currency accessible to the average man but it allows for those who’ve been apprehensive about trying out crypto-currencies to dip their toes in.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Enrique steps down as Spain coach, replaced by assistant Moreno
- Nigerian Students Fashion and Design Week Announce Adeagba Bukunmi & Nonye Udeogu as brand ambassadors for #NSFDW2019
- Cee-C Stars In The Visuals Of Peruzzi’s “Majesty”
- Poco Lee, Raybekah And More Confirmed For Nigerian Freestyle Football Championship Lagos Regional Auditions At Rowe Park
- Mo Abudu To Chair The 47th International Emmy Awards Gala
- INEC Announces Automatic Employment For Corps Members
- Super Falcons lose 1-0 to France in 2019 FIFA Women’s World Cup group game
- Report of student visa ban for Nigerians is false — US Embassy
- Tiwa Savage Subs Companies that owe her on Instagram
- New Music: C-Max – Paradise
Top Posts & Pages
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Photos1 year ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News7 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities1 year ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport6 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community8 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!