At least 200 clubgoers and workers were arrested at popular Cubana nightclub in Lagos state for breaching COVID-19 protocols on Saturday, February 27, it has emerged.
Detectives attached to the Inspector General of Police (IGP) Monitoring Team, according to TheNation, raided the nightclub in the early hours of Saturday after receiving an intelligence report that a large crowd gathered at the club house.
Saturday’s raid follows state and Federal Governments’ temporary closure of relaxation spots in order to minimise the spread of the coronavirus disease.
Though hotels, eateries, churches and some beaches have since resumed, club houses have remained closed.
To minimise losses, the state government earlier permitted club houses with open bars and restaurants like Cubana to resume such services with strict observance of all COVID-19 protocols.
However, rather than obeying the arrangement where guests can be served drinks and food while listening to music including live bands, police sources claimed Cubana opened its night club and allowed guests in with no regards for the social distancing rule.
Confirming the arrests, the spokesman of Lagos state police command, Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said the IGP Monitoring unit will soon hand the arrested persons to the command where they will be paraded by the state Commissioner of police, Hakeem Odumosu.
The latest arrest made at Cubana nightclub comes over two months after Lagos State Safety Commission sealed off the club and other facilities over same offence – non-compliance of the State’s COVID-19 protocols.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes