Lagos State Denies Increasing Fees For Vehicle Particulars & Number Plate
The Lagos State government has debunked reports making the rounds that it had increased the cost of processing motor vehicle particulars and application for number plates.
The state government insisted that the rates remained the same across the state.
This disclosure was made in a statement issued on Tuesday by the State’s Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr Kehinde Bamigbetan.
He said the rumoured increase is being peddled by mischief makers who want to take advantage of the situation with the reviewed land use charge.
According to him, the clarification became necessary in response to inquiries by members of the public who were worried about the rumours of increase in charges relating to vehicle administration.
Bamigbetan, therefore, asked anyone with evidence of increase in motor registration rates from any of the official Centres managed by the Lagos State Motor Vehicle Administration Authority (MVAA) to report to the agency or the Ministry of Transportation.
He said: “Although, the cost of maintaining the roads and expanding infrastructures which ease the operations of vehicles is enormous, the Lagos State Government shall continue to bear the burden of keeping the roads motorable and safe for all users.”
Bamigbetan further said “some mischief makers were desperately exploiting the challenges posed to the government by the new Land Use Charge Law which seeks to raise more money for the provision of public infrastructures for the benefit of all, to misinform the public.”
The state government recently reviewed land use charge in a bid to increase internally generated revenue.
The action was not accepted by some residents of the state with the Nigerian Bar Association leading a protest on Tuesday.
Leave a Reply
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Wike Praises The President Over The Suspension Of CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele
- Dele Momodu Reacts To Sophia’s Anti-Davido Remarks
- Late Alaafin Of Oyo’s Youngest Wife Joins Hookup For Singles In Search Of New Love
- Ballon D’Or 2023: Organizers Announces Dates For Top Nominees And Award Ceremony
- Godwin Emefiele In DSS Custody Following His Suspension By The President, Bola Ahmed Tinubu
- Tinubu’s Govt Has Slammed A Ban On Binance Operations In Nigeria
- Rapper Lil Wayne Proclaims That No Artist Can Battle Him On The Versus Stage
- Lionel Messi Won’t Find It Easy In America– Wayne Rooney Proclaims
- “Pep Guardiola Is Scared Of Italian Teams”- Di Matteo Discloses Ahead Of UEFA Champions League Final
- President Tinubu Suspends CBN Governor
Entertainment News6 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News3 years ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Business News1 year ago
Air Peace Introduces Priority Boarding For Military Personnel
Articles6 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos5 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Videos3 years ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Entertainment News6 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities5 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Pingback: Lagos State Denies Increasing Fees For Vehicle Particulars … | Forevervogue