The Lagos State Government has directed Lekki Concession Company (LCC) to stop the proposed tariff hike on Lekki-Epe Expressway and Lekki-Ikoyi link bridge.
The state government said the public and critical stakeholders, who are the beneficiaries of such facilities, must be carried along before such decision is made.
The Lagos Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Steve Ayorinde, disclosed this in a Facebook statement posted late Friday, November 4, 2017.
“The Lagos State government hereby informs the general public that the said tariff hike has now been put on hold as the necessary consultations with stakeholders are yet to be concluded”, the post reads in part.
LCC had announced an increase in the toll tariff which it said would take effect from Wednesday, November 8, 2017.
According to a notice by the company, motorcycles are now expected to pay N100; salon cars and tricycles, N200; sport utility vehicles, N250; light trucks and 2-axle buses, N400; heavy duty trucks or buses with two or more heavy axles, N1000, and commercial danfo buses will pay N150.
At the Link Bridge Plaza, motorcycles are to pay N200; salon cars, N300; mini vans sports utility vehicles and light trucks, N400; and light trucks and 2-axle buses will pay N1000.
Nigerians have since the announcement taken to social media to condemn the proposed hike.
The protests are believed to have made the State Government put a temporary stop to it.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- New Music: Olawale Kentucky – Kokoka ft. Boy Combination
- New Music: Bordegga – African Woman (Prod By Spells)
- UK government sets date for first post-Brexit budget
- Sanwo-Olu Declares State of Emergency on Dilapidated Roads in Lagos
- Rohr looks at positives as Brazil force Nigeria to 1-1 draw
- Portugal 3-0 Luxembourg: Silva, Ronaldo and Guedes on target in comfortable outing
- Iceland 0-1 France: Giroud makes Iceland pay the penalty
- Czech Republic 2-1 England: Comeback win denies Three Lions Euro 2020 qualification
- New Muisic: i-Cent – Big Man
- Injured Lloris out of action for club, country till next year
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News11 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport10 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community12 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!