Lagos State Government To Shut Headquarters Of Tax Defaulting Companies Nov. 20
The Lagos State Government on Sunday said it would begin to shut the corporate headquarters of organisations that had defaulted in remitting statutory taxes to the government effective from November 20.
This disclosure was made today by the Commissioner for Finance, Mr Akinyemi Ashade, who added that some banks had failed to remit statutory taxes, including withholding taxes on banks’ interests for more than 10 years.
Ashade also disclosed that the government had resolved to resort to all lawful means to ensure compliance with statutory tax remittances.
“Any company found to have evaded tax will not be spared.
“It is in the interest of defaulting companies and their management to remit the statutory taxes to the state within the grace period to avoid embarrassment to them and their shareholders.
“All law abiding corporate organisations are advised to adhere to this directive as the state government has given enough grace period for them to remit their taxes.
“The government will on Monday, Nov. 20, commence the process of shutting down the headquarters of corporate organisations, including banks that have failed to remit statutory taxes to government coffers,’’ Ashade said in a statement.
He said that prompt payment of taxes would enable the government to provide the necessary infrastructure and improve the standard of living of the people.
“When people pay their taxes promptly, government is encouraged to do more.
“The administration of Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode has shown in the last two and half years that taxes paid are judiciously spent on projects that have impacted positively on the lives of residents,’’ the statement said.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Davido Is Back
- Ruth Carter Makes History As First Black Woman to Win 2 Oscars
- Davido Spends Millions On Lamborghini With ‘E Choke’ Number Plate
- Finally, Winner Of The Abia State Governorship Election Has Been Announced By INEC
- BBN Star Doyin Reacts To Whitemoney For Saying “No Woman Is Out of a Man’s League if He Has Money”
- The Gorgeous Yusufs Took Paris Fashion Week By A Storm With Their Amazing & Mind-Blowing Looks
- The Amazing Music Duo Ajebo Hustlers Drops Their First Single Of The Year 2023
- Victony Releases Remix Of Record Hit and Tik Tok Sensation “Soweto” Featuring Rema, Don Toliver & Tempoe
- Osimhen Arrives At Super Eagles Camp Ahead Of Guinea Bissau Match
- De Bruyne Becomes New Belgium Captain
Entertainment News5 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News2 years ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles6 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Business News1 year ago
Air Peace Introduces Priority Boarding For Military Personnel
Photos5 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Videos3 years ago
New Video: KingTurun – Jaiye
Entertainment News5 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities5 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant