The Lagos State Government on Sunday said it would begin to shut the corporate headquarters of organisations that had defaulted in remitting statutory taxes to the government effective from November 20.
This disclosure was made today by the Commissioner for Finance, Mr Akinyemi Ashade, who added that some banks had failed to remit statutory taxes, including withholding taxes on banks’ interests for more than 10 years.
Ashade also disclosed that the government had resolved to resort to all lawful means to ensure compliance with statutory tax remittances.
“Any company found to have evaded tax will not be spared.
“It is in the interest of defaulting companies and their management to remit the statutory taxes to the state within the grace period to avoid embarrassment to them and their shareholders.
“All law abiding corporate organisations are advised to adhere to this directive as the state government has given enough grace period for them to remit their taxes.
“The government will on Monday, Nov. 20, commence the process of shutting down the headquarters of corporate organisations, including banks that have failed to remit statutory taxes to government coffers,’’ Ashade said in a statement.
He said that prompt payment of taxes would enable the government to provide the necessary infrastructure and improve the standard of living of the people.
“When people pay their taxes promptly, government is encouraged to do more.
“The administration of Gov. Akinwunmi Ambode has shown in the last two and half years that taxes paid are judiciously spent on projects that have impacted positively on the lives of residents,’’ the statement said.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- SERAP demands probe of discovered COVID19 relief materials
- Senator Bassey’s house burnt down over COVID-19 palliatives
- Ramos and Alba fit for El Clasico starts
- West Ham 1-1 Manchester City: Foden cancels out Antonio stunner but City struggle again
- Calabar residents invade COVID-19 relief warehouse
- Why we hid 241,787 bags of COVID-19 palliatives from Osun residents – Official
- DJ Switch Gives First Official Statement Since Lekki Tollgate Massacre
- NFF Blasts ‘unpatriotic’ John Ogu over call on Eagles to boycott qualifiers
- 69 Persons Were Killed in #EndSARS Protests – Buhari
- Unfortunate That #EndSARS Protest Was Hijacked and Misdirected, Buhari Tells Former Heads of State
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World