Nigerian Bar Association (NBA) has revealed that Kenechukwu Okeke, a self-acclaimed lawyer who filed a criminal complaint against 50 persons including celebrities during October 2020 #EndSARS protest, is fake and was never called to bar.
According to SaharaReporters, NBA made this known on Monday, saying Okeke is fake and that he is not in directory of lawyers in Nigeria.
Back in October, Okeke alleged that the protest which was supported by those joined in the suit led to him losing properties and creating fear among FCT residents.
The association has now reported Okeke via an official letter to Federal Capital Territory High Court, Kubwa.
When the lawsuit against the #EndSARS protesters came up in court on Monday March 8, NBA Abuja Capital Chairman, Chukwuemeka Clement appeared as amicus curea (a friend of the court), while Kenechukwu Okeke appeared as a counsel for himself.
One of the protesters, Deji Adeyanju’s lead counsel, Samuel Ihensekhien informed the court that in view of the avalanche of court process filed by all parties in the case, there’s need for a clear date to be taken by the honourable court to hear all pending applications.
The application by the applicant’s counsel was accepted by the court. He then further informed the court that by the official letter filed by NBA, it was purported that the first defendant in the case, Okeke, who has been filing different court processes all over Nigeria was actually not a lawyer.
On NBA’s part, Clement said Okeke was not called to bar and that the association would further take legal and prosecutorial steps against Okeke in the case.
He informed the court that NBA would be prosecuting Kenechukwu Okeke for impersonation in the case.
Okeke, who appeared in court, was visibly angry and seen by people in court to be behaving in an unruly manner and shouting.
The presiding judge, Justice Bello Kawu cautioned him to be careful as the honorable court was in charge of its proceedings. Consequent upon this, the court adjourned the matter to March 30, 2021.
Following this, Okeke refused to grant interview to newsmen as he had promised before court sitting and was seen rushing away from the FCT court.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes