Basketball star LeBron James has apologised after sharing a lyric about “Jewish money” on social media — saying he thought it was a compliment.
James was called out over the lyric — which comes from a song by US rapper 21 Savage — after he shared it with his 45.8m followers on Instagram.
US journalist Darren Rovell was among those drawing attention to the post, saying it was “offensive”.
But James said it was not his intent “to hurt anyone” with Saturday’s post.
“Apologies, for sure, if I offended anyone,” he told sports channel ESPN on Sunday. “That’s not why I chose to share that lyric. I always (post lyrics). That’s what I do. I ride in my car, I listen to great music, and that was the by-product of it.
“So I actually thought it was a compliment, and obviously it wasn’t through the lens of a lot of people.”
Many of his fans had come out in support of James, who joined the Los Angeles Lakers in July on a four-year deal worth $154m.
But Rovell took to Instagram himself to detail exactly why it was offensive.
However, he did praise the star for apologising.
“One of the reasons he’s the off-the-court star he is is because he has an impressive emotional intelligence who, considering his time in social media age, has made so few mistakes,” Rovell tweeted.
But this was not the only controversial comment the 33-year-old sportsman has made in recent days.
He described the owners of American football’s NFL as “a bunch of old white men” who “got that slave mentality” during his HBO show The Shop on Friday.
Search The Poise
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Portugal 3-0 Luxembourg: Silva, Ronaldo and Guedes on target in comfortable outing
- Iceland 0-1 France: Giroud makes Iceland pay the penalty
- Czech Republic 2-1 England: Comeback win denies Three Lions Euro 2020 qualification
- New Muisic: i-Cent – Big Man
- Injured Lloris out of action for club, country till next year
- Drama, controversy as Falcons fail to qualify for Tokyo 2020 Olympics
- Rihanna is Releasing an Autobiography – “The Rihanna Book”
- New Video: Eri Ife – Dear Future Wife
- Barcelona 4-0 Sevilla: Suarez, Dembele and Messi shine without Griezmann
- Manchester City 0-2 Wolves: Traore double stuns insipid champions
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News2 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles2 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Celebrities1 year ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
Photos2 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
News10 months ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities2 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport9 months ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Community12 months ago
Earn Money Watching Advert Videos Today On PERVIEWPAYS.COM !!