Leeds United on Saturday afternoon held Chelsea to a goalless draw in English premier League (EPL) on Saturday afternoon, making the Blues (Chelsea) lose the chance to go third on the table.
Chelsea have now extended their unbeaten run since the appointment of Thomas Tuchel as manager to twelve matches.
Tuchel has already defeated Jose Mourinho’s Tottenham, Diego Simeone’s Atletico Madrid, Jurgen Klopp’s Liverpool and Carlo Ancelotti’s Everton since taking charge of Chelsea.
He hoped to add Mercelo Bielsa to the list when his side faced Leeds United on Saturday, but both mangers ended up sharing points on the afternoon.
During the game, Chelsea controlled the early possession but could not find the break through goal.Leeds United almost scored an own goal when Ayling‘s powerful clearance cannoned off Llorente and over him, before rebounding to safety off the woodwork.
Leeds United also had their chance when Roberts’ was denied by the Chelsea goalframe minutes later, thanks to a fingertip touch by Edouard Mendy. He intelligently looped the ball towards the top corner from 20 yards, his attempt was inches away from breaking the deadlock.
Only Manchester City’s goalkeeper Ederson has kept more Premier League Clean sheets than Chelsea’s Édouard Mendy so far this season.
Mendy was again in fine form to readjust and keep out Raphinha‘s close-range shot 10 minutes after half-time, the Senegalese international’s acrobatics denied Raphinha on the turn from a Rodrigo knock-down.
Both managers spoke after the game with Leeds United’s Bielsa saying:
We value the point a lot, if there had to be a winner it wouldn’t have been us. In the first half they established a difference in comparison to us.
In the second half we were slightly better. The superiority they showed in the first half was greater than the superiority we showed in the second half. If we don’t play at the rhythm we play at, the differences between us would be a lot bigger.
Meanwhile, Tuchel had this to say;
The pitch was super-hard to play. We had a couple of chances to go 1-0 up, and in the end they troubled us, and the more minutes you need to score, the more belief they have.
There were enough chances, but sometimes it’s like this. I don’t want to be too harsh. As long as we have chances and touches in the box and don’t concede too many chances the results will be there. We need to accept this.
Blues will face Atletico Madrid next in the Champions League last-16 second leg tie at Stamford Bridge on Wednesday night While Leeds United will face Fulham in EPL on Friday.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Watch Wizkid And Tems in “Essense” Visuals
- Peruzzi has finally released his highly anticipated second studio album tagged, “Rum & Boogie.”
- Arsenal 1-1 Slavia Prague: Late Holes leveller leaves Gunners with work to do
- Granada 0-2 Manchester United: Rashford and Fernandes give Red Devils edge in Europa League tie
- Bayern Munich 2-3 Paris Saint-Germain: Mbappe double stuns holders
- Porto 0-2 Chelsea: Blues put one foot in semi-finals thanks to Mount and Chilwell
- Mavin Records and Jonzing World premieres the official music video to Rema‘s latest smash hit single “Bounce“.
- Ondo State Born Ayodeji Nelson Daodu awarded at the Erasmus university
- Real Madrid 3-1 Liverpool: Vinicius pounces on defensive lapses as Los Blancos take first-leg lead
- Manchester City 2-1 Borussia Dortmund: Foden edges Guardiola’s men ahead in breathless finale
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
News4 months ago
Buhari Reportedly plots retirement of southern Police AIG to clear paths for another IG from northern region
Articles4 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities3 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Entertainment News4 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes