Leicester have signed forward Kelechi Iheanacho from Manchester City.
Sky Sports News understands the Foxes have paid £25m for the 20-year-old, who has penned a five-year deal at the King Power.
He becomes manager Craig Shakespeare’s fourth major signing of the summer following the arrivals of Harry Maguire, Vicente Iborra and Eldin Jakupovic.
Sky Sports News understands City have the option to buy the Nigeria international back for £50m.
“It feels good and I’m happy to be part of this team. I know the ambition of the team and speaking with the manager, he let me know what I need to do – to help the team achieve what they want. I was convinced and I’m happy to be here,” Iheanacho told LCFC TV.
“I was happy speaking with the manager, knowing what the team wants. It gives me more confidence that I will fit in this team and hopefully I’ll achieve a lot.”
Shakespeare added: “It’s a great signing for us. Kelechi is an enormously talented player that has shown a huge amount of promise at every level in which he’s played.
“We’ve tracked his progress for some time, so we know how much quality he’ll bring to the squad. He’s young, he’s hungry, he’s ready for the next stage of his development and I’m delighted that will be with Leicester City.”
Iheanacho featured 28 times for City last season under Pep Guardiola, scoring seven goals.
However, he made just one start for City in 2017, with that appearance coming back on January 2 in the 2-1 win over Burnley.
Iheanacho joined City’s academy in 2014 and made his first-team debut in the 2-0 victory over Watford in August 2015.
He scored his first City goal on his second appearance for the club and went on to net a further 13 goals during the 2015/16 campaign, which included a hat-trick against Aston Villa in the FA Cup.
Search The Poise
Promote Your Music
Recent Posts On The Poise
- Sanwo-Olu speaks to CNN on Lekki Toll Shooting, #EndSARS Protest & Lagos Judicial Panel
- Banky W, 2Baba, Timi Dakolo, Waje, Seun Kuti call for a better Nigeria With new single ‘Talk And Do’
- Coman wants another Bayern treble – but this time with fans
- CACOVID finally reacts to looted palliatives
- “We are not a collection of angels” – Nigerian police
- Milan 3-3 Roma: Ibrahimovic on target twice but Rossoneri held in thriller
- Burnley 0-1 Tottenham: Son spares underwhelming Spurs
- NBC fines Channels TV, Arise, AIT over #EndSARS coverage
- Agbani Horsfall Advocates For ‘One Nigeria’ In New Single
- Guardiola regrets not buying striker with Aguero facing up to a month out
Top Posts & Pages
Entertainment News3 years ago
Justin Bieber & Selena Gomez Have Started Hanging Out Again
Articles3 years ago
Marcus Rashford’s Girlfriend Lucia Loi
Photos3 years ago
Leroy Sane’s Girlfriend Candice Brook
Celebrities2 years ago
David Beckham Allegedly Got His Daughter’s Teacher Pregnant
News2 years ago
Nigeria Gets Fresh $200m Loan To Finance Electricity Projects
Celebrities3 years ago
Jesse Lingard Breaks Up With Girlfriend Jena Frumes
Sport2 years ago
Bournemouth Signs Liverpool Defender Nathaniel Clyne On Loan
Entertainment News3 years ago
Top 10 Sexiest Young Female Celebrities in The World